Gibson Brands Forums

No reply from Gibson service after 5 days, is this normal?

mads1980

5 hours ago, mads1980 said:

FYI the local authorized dealer spent 30 minutes with me on the phone and will get things sorted out (even though I bought the guitar somewhere else). So I guess it should be resolved soon. Thanks for everyone's input.

Mads1980, 

I am happy to hear that the local authorized dealer has been responsive, and that they are going to help you with this vexing problem. 

On a different note, I applaud you for wading in and presenting the problem to this Gibson web forum. 
You are miles away from Bozeman, and since Gibson corporate wasn't being especially responsive, this was a reasonable alternative for you to fish for information and to at least vent about the problem. 

I for one think that your command of the English typed language is quite good. 
I myself speak a little bit of the German language, as I married into a German family, and lived there on and off for quite a few years. 
But I cannot imagine that I would have the confidence to drop myself into a Duesenberg guitar web forum with such a problem, and with your quiet charm and aplomb. 

Good on you mate. 
I wish you the best of luck, and please let us know how things resolve, re; the pickguard. 

🙂 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

Gibson customer service seems to be hit and miss, but I've always been lucky. They can probably  sense my upbeat, friendly personality over the e-mail, uh, wire, and so respond quicker. 

Went out on Monday errand run to accomplish 3 things:  Get an oil change,  exchange empty propane bottle for a full one, and get a haircut.   Had to try 3 places before I could get an oil change, couldn't get a replacement gas tank at Lowes - they didn't have any; haircut place said they didn't have any stylists in (this was mid-day)  and would call me if I wanted when a slot became available.   They did - 2 hours later and said I had 15 minutes to get there.   Every other store seemed to have 'Help Wanted' signs out.   

14 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Mads1980, 

I am happy to hear that the local authorized dealer has been responsive, and that they are going to help you with this vexing problem. 

On a different note, I applaud you for wading in and presenting the problem to this Gibson web forum. 
You are miles away from Bozeman, and since Gibson corporate wasn't being especially responsive, this was a reasonable alternative for you to fish for information and to at least vent about the problem. 

I for one think that your command of the English typed language is quite good. 
I myself speak a little bit of the German language, as I married into a German family, and lived there on and off for quite a few years. 
But I cannot imagine that I would have the confidence to drop myself into a Duesenberg guitar web forum with such a problem, and with your quiet charm and aplomb. 

Good on you mate. 
I wish you the best of luck, and please let us know how things resolve, re; the pickguard. 

🙂

Agree.... excelente post from the OP !    And great of him to let us know how it turned out.