Gibson Brands Forums

Who wants as ES-339 here?

Archer993

Actually I have been looking at the ES 335's... I haven't seen any ES 339's' date=' whats the difference... I'll go have a look on the web...[/quote']

Smaller, cheaper, more LP like - check out the Gibson Promo pages. Pretty Good!

I know this is the Les Paul Forum, but since this thread is here, I may as well add my two cents...

Actually I have been looking at the ES 335's... I haven't seen any ES 339's' date=' whats the difference... I'll go have a look on the web...[/quote']

Start by looking here...

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/ProductSpotlight/NewModels/Gibson%20Custom%20Proudly/

As far as the question "Who wants as ES-339 here?". You all do, you just don't know it yet!!!

For those of you that haven't seen or heard about them yet, it's essentially an ES-335 but the size of a Les Paul. It comes with '57 Classics and is available with either a 50s neck or what's called a 30/60 neck (which is a slightly deeper 60s neck). I tried one and it's a very versatile guitar. I play in a classic rock cover band and I could use the one guitar for the whole night. It does clean, dirty, blues and rock equally well. What convinced me I had to have one was the fact that it's a Custom Shop Gibson for $1799. Here's mine (I still haven't taken the white paper off of the pickguard)...

es339_01.jpg

In the U.S. it's a Guitar Center/Musicians Friend exclusive. I imagine it might be available in Europe as well (daveinspain).

I know this is the Les Paul Forum' date=' but since this thread is here, I may as well add my two cents...

Start by looking here...

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/ProductSpotlight/NewModels/Gibson%20Custom%20Proudly/

As far as the question "Who wants as ES-339 here?". You all do, you just don't know it yet!!!

For those of you that haven't seen or heard about them yet, it's essentially an ES-335 but the size of a Les Paul. It comes with '57 Classics and is available with either a 50s neck or what's called a 30/60 neck (which is a slightly deeper 60s neck). I tried one and it's a [i']very[/i] versatile guitar. I play in a classic rock cover band and I could use the one guitar for the whole night. It does clean, dirty, blues and rock equally well. What convinced me I had to have one was the fact that it's a Custom Shop Gibson for $1799. Here's mine (I still haven't taken the white paper off of the pickguard)...

es339_01.jpg

In the U.S. it's a Guitar Center/Musicians Friend exclusive. I imagine it might be available in Europe as well (daveinspain).

Thanks for the review - it's now officially my next guitar.

I bought one and while I like it and think it's a great idea it's not going to replace the 335 in my lineup I don't know why it has a great feel and tone but the 335 is so close to perfect for what it does I can't get too terribly excited yet. that said it also has a close sound to the 335 so it's not like the t-5 or my Godin Montreal that has a different place in the line-up

Archived