Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar God

Hey, guys! Been a good while since I have posted on here. I got a new amp earlier tonight. It's a VHT Special 6 Ultra. Found it on Market Place on Facebook.  Apparently the guy is primarily a bassist and was selling some guitar gear. He brought it over the house today and brought his bass.  I played through it and really liked it and jammed with the guy for a bit. This is the first VHT amp I have ever played through and I've heard good things about them over the years. I really liked this amp, soo I got it. It's only 6 watts and tube. It's honestly a little monster for 6 watts, especially when cranked and the drive channel is amazing in sounds like a beast cranked. Clean channel can break up, though. The standby switch also functions as a high and low switch. As far as the controls, it has a 3 position texture switch, a depth control, tone control, a volume control with a pullable boost for both clean and the ultra channels, ultra control, and a wattage control. I like how the depth, tone, and texture switch was already set at when he brought it over, but I'm going to mess with them more later, especially the depth and texture. Overall, I'm pleased with this little guy. Very awesome small wattage amp!
https://i.imgur.com/EvGHlhh.jpg

Also, I went to see Ace Frehley and Alice Cooper live in Pikeville, KY back on the 5th of this month. Wow, what an awesome show! As you can tell by my avatar that I'm a huge KISS and Ace fan. I love Alice Cooper as well, too. I can't say anything bad about that concert. They both were great! Such a treat and awesome experience to see two legends! I also got an Alice Cooper autographed poster from the merch table, too.  
https://i.imgur.com/RTNKnvj.jpg

Edited by Guitar God
  • Like 3

Oh man, that's great on all counts. 

I love a good low-wattage 1x12, I really do. 
Now you have me interested in the VHT. 
(And I thought I was all set.)

I've been an Alice Cooper and KISS fan since the earliest days of both bands, and follow Alice and Ace closely on the computer music news links and via  youTube interviews. 
My first (garage) band opened the very first show we did with Strutter, and our 2nd number was I'm Eighteen. 
Love  those guys. 

Congrats!

🙂

I was at the first concert Ace played at on that tour in Gilford, NH - front and center.  I was a stoked to find out Ace was opening for Alice on this tour, and what a great show, Ace's band really rocks and he put on a great show.  Been an Alice Minion since '74 and remember in high school it was Alice & KISS that many of my friends were into.

Alice's band is just amazing, all professionals and great people if you ever get to meet them.

Here's one for you brother:

20210920-105443.jpg