Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 1932 L-00 - Carl Miner!

BluesKing777

I do not have a clue who Carl Miner is and flat picks just confuse my thumb which needs something to do.  But it is like what the guy from Folkway said about the 12 fret Gibson L guitars - there is something very special about them.  They are "one offs".   While about the only black guitar I would seek out is a tuxedo L00 in a way it is a shame as Gibson was still applying hand rubbed finishes in 1932 and the bursts are simply glorious.   

Edited by zombywoof

Not heard of Carl? He is everywhere lately.

Tux models.......I have 2 - a Martin 000-17 and a Waterloo WL-14X. They both do their take on a 30s sort of sound with thin matt finishes helping it along. My Waterloo tux was bought after watching a video a few years back of a 14 fret Gibson Tux L-00 and guessing that the chances of buying that one were zero, the Waterloo became mine! Great guitar! Now the Tux Martin was a bit disappointing to begin, but years later it has become ...something else...opened up and a nice dry tone and easy for fingerpicking.

They need a nice new (old) friend like the 32 Carl is playing, but sadly.....no.

Click here to see a large version

Now that Tux white space keeps calling me to draw something on it......and while it is the local football team that beats my team consistently that might easily get a few drawn nasty comments and even the bird - that really is no good as that could get the guitar broken! So here is my (Photoshopped) version of something John Lennon might have liked doing:

Click here to see a large version

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777