Gibson Brands Forums

Decisions

SG dude

hey guys, i have been offerd a Gibson SG standard from 2005 and a Gibson SG standard from 2007 both for the same price. Both are immaculate, and in a fantastic condition, as a bonus the 2005 is a one piece body. heeeheee, what do you guys think? which one?

Also, i have £700 for a new marshall amp, i don't know what kind, (i know this one is really vague), to get, it has to be all valve. thanks guys.

i'd say 2005 as u would be more likely to get better beveling i think(im not hbomb obviously) but it would still be nice if u could post some pix so it would be easier to help.

sorry guys but i have no way of getting pics of them.......[-X

What kind of amp are you looking for' date=' a head or a combo, and what kind of sound are you going for?[/quote']

Marshall, Combo, i know my sound and it has to be marshall (not trying to be ignorant) basically, a classic rock/ bluesey.

o well on instinct i would just go with the '05...but when it comes rite down to it' date=' its ur choice[/quote']

Yip i'm swaying towards this too, mainly because of the one piece body. any faults with any of them?

For the guitar, I'd say the 2005. You'll probably get a deeper finish than you will with a newer SG.

For the amp, maybe you could find a used JCM 2000 DSL combo. I've played them, and they've got a good sound if you can tweak it right. Used, they go reasonably cheap compared to over a grand for a Bluesbreaker

yea i was just about to type the same thing but demoryn beat me to it...definately go for the '05 and if it is the JCM 2000 DSL combo like he said...THEN GET THE HELL OFF UR COMPUTER AND BUY THEM BOTH RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Sit down and play them. Each individual guitar will sound and feel diferant. Sit down and pick the one you like best, then take it to a guitar/amp store and play each amp with the guitar. For all you know, you may fall in love with a fender amp.

Seriously, i originally wanted a marshall (tube), but i played randall (tube) and i personally like it better.

Its all just YOUR preferance in sound.

nice info, i'll go for the '05, one question tho, the Gibson logo and the Flower logo thing both look like they are about to fall off, in that when you look at them, you can see the outlines of the borders of them, quite clearly, is this a problem?

nice info' date=' i'll go for the '05, one question tho, the Gibson logo and the Flower logo thing both look like they are about to fall off, in that when you look at them, you can see the outlines of the borders of them, quite clearly, is this a problem?[/quote']

Only if it bothers you. Some of them inlays aren´t carried out very nicely. But they are not likely to fall off + it could be fixed. Play them and take the one you like better.

Greetings

Kurt

Archived