Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson NOS LP Special

Zippydog

Hey all,

You know with the guitar shortages and all, do you think that Gibson should ask retail price for a new 2020 original collection Les Paul Special minus 10%?

Is this a fair price or should I

walk away.

12 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I would want 15-20% off a new 2022 & expect at least the same or better for a 2020….

I just ordered a new Martin HD-28E with LR Baggs Anthem Element & did the above…

Good call. A HD-28 is a killer axe.

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Good call. A HD-28 is a killer axe.

Thanks.  It won’t be here til late July or August… It will be a great companion to my 1975 D-35E & J12-16GTE… 

Edited by Larsongs

3 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Thanks.  It won’t be here til late July or August… It will be a great companion to my 1975 D-35E & J12-16GTE… 

I have a J12-16GT from 2001. My HD, I sold to get a 000 or 00 something, and I had 2, D-35’s. 
I’m Jonesen for a M-36. Need to sell something to get it and I’m not in the mood to deal with doing it. I had my 00-18 and 00-28 for sale on are Reverb, and has a few nibbles and a guy who wanted me to document every nick, bump, bruise, and ding on it. Of which both are in excellent condition with one or two small 1mm dings on them. Got fed up and took them down. I’ll keep ‘em, cause both are killer.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have a J12-16GT from 2001. My HD, I sold to get a 000 or 00 something, and I had 2, D-35’s. 
I’m Jonesen for a M-36. Need to sell something to get it and I’m not in the mood to deal with doing it. I had my 00-18 and 00-28 for sale on are Reverb, and has a few nibbles and a guy who wanted me to document every nick, bump, bruise, and ding on it. Of which both are in excellent condition with one or two small 1mm dings on them. Got fed up and took them down. I’ll keep ‘em, cause both are killer.

The J12-16GT are really good 12 Strings IMO….  The D-35’s are fantastic 6 or 12 String Guitars as well. I haven’t played many of the 00 or 000 Series but the couple I’ve played have left me wanting one or both of them too.. I’d definitely need to play several as I have a lot to learn about them..

I don’t like nit pickers & usually reject their offers as they will most likely be trouble down the road.. There are some People I prefer not to Sell to.