Gibson Brands Forums

Certificate of authenticity

Francyne

Francyne, 

Any word from Gibson Customer Support?
I'm curious what their response would be to a request for a newly manufactured COA for a ten+ year old guitar. 

I'm guessing they they would say, "Sorry, we cannot produce such a thing, and we if we did we would need to validate or authenticate the guitar. Which means you need to bring it to us in person," or some such words. 

Maddening, I am sure, for you and your father. 
Especially if you are anything like me. 

I need everything in order, and paired up just so. 

I came to realize that I ended up with one extra black sock recently, with no matching sock to go with it. 
I carefully checked my dresser drawers, the laundry hamper, the washer, and the dryer. 
And then after a few days, behind and beneath the washer and the dryer. 

My wife:  What are you doing, tearing the house apart?

Me: I'm looking for one missing black sock. I have this one, but I can't find its mate. 

My wife: It's not big deal. It'll turn up eventually. 

Me:   It's unsettling to me. I need to bring them back together. 

My wife: Just throw that sock away, and be done with it!

Me:   I can't!  Later on when the missing one is revealed to be hiding in the sleeve of a sweater, then I'll have an extra unmatched sock again! I'll really go crazy at that point!

My wife:  I want a divorce. 

Anyway. 
Good luck in your quest. 

I hope it turns out good in the end. 
🤔

174084427-girl-bitting-her-nails-closeup

On 5/14/2022 at 6:43 AM, sparquelito said:

Francyne, 

Any word from Gibson Customer Support?
I'm curious what their response would be to a request for a newly manufactured COA for a ten+ year old guitar. 

I'm guessing they they would say, "Sorry, we cannot produce such a thing, and we if we did we would need to validate or authenticate the guitar. Which means you need to bring it to us in person," or some such words. 

Maddening, I am sure, for you and your father. 
Especially if you are anything like me. 

I need everything in order, and paired up just so. 

I came to realize that I ended up with one extra black sock recently, with no matching sock to go with it. 
I carefully checked my dresser drawers, the laundry hamper, the washer, and the dryer. 
And then after a few days, behind and beneath the washer and the dryer. 

My wife:  What are you doing, tearing the house apart?

Me: I'm looking for one missing black sock. I have this one, but I can't find its mate. 

My wife: It's not big deal. It'll turn up eventually. 

Me:   It's unsettling to me. I need to bring them back together. 

My wife: Just throw that sock away, and be done with it!

Me:   I can't!  Later on when the missing one is revealed to be hiding in the sleeve of a sweater, then I'll have an extra unmatched sock again! I'll really go crazy at that point!

My wife:  I want a divorce. 

Anyway. 
Good luck in your quest. 

I hope it turns out good in the end. 
🤔

174084427-girl-bitting-her-nails-closeup

Thank you, exactly, my dad likes it everything perfect mainly in regards to his guitars. We will continue our search 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes it comes down to who you get in customer service, I've had some helpful detail replies and i've had some brief and not very helpful replies too over the years.

For what it's worth the model number is same as mine and the AR = Antique Red

from what I was told regarding my 339, CS for when Memphis merged with Custom Shop in  2005, then starting in 2008  all Memphis Custom Shop Models received a Certificate of Authenticity, 
mine is a 2012

• Thanks 1