Gibson Brands Forums

NGD and pickups

Guitar God

So, I picked another guitar. Got another Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Picked it up off of Reverb. It's a 2004 year model and wine red. Korean made one. The pickups I got are the EMG Zakk Wylde pickups. Seen this on Reverb and had to have it. I used to have one just like this years ago when I was a kid that I got used that had been upgraded with the EMG Zakk Wylde set. That one was a little bit older than this one because that one had the stock Kluson style tuners where as this one has stock Grovers. Other than that, same guitar. Anyway, that was such a cool guitar and I've always regretted parting with it. So, I got this one that just like it and got the EMG Zakk Wylde pickups and I'm going to get them installed and make it just like the one I used to have. I guess you can sort of say it'll almost be like I never parted with it, haha. I'll post pics after the upgrade. Also, the guitar does feel and play very nice - like my old one.
TshG9bi.jpg
yp4My42.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 5:37 AM, merciful-evans said:

Nice colour. Congrats GG.

Also well done with the pix [wink]!

Thanks, man! I dropped it off at a local shop today to get the pickups installed. Excited to get it back with them in it! Going to bring back memories of the one I had as a kid. Haha, thanks, man! I wasn't using the grey link at the bottom. I was posting them how I always did when I first started posting pics here. Always worked until some time ago. 

On 8/6/2022 at 9:52 PM, Guitar God said:

Thanks, man! I dropped it off at a local shop today to get the pickups installed. Excited to get it back with them in it! Going to bring back memories of the one I had as a kid. Haha, thanks, man! I wasn't using the grey link at the bottom. I was posting them how I always did when I first started posting pics here. Always worked until some time ago. 

Great looking guitar, it should be really killer with new Zak pickups, Epi LP Standards are very solid I know my 56 Standard is. Glad to see you got your pics working.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Great looking guitar, it should be really killer with new Zak pickups, Epi LP Standards are very solid I know my 56 Standard is. Glad to see you got your pics working.

Thanks! I got them installed and got the guitar back today! 

On 8/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, Guitar God said:

I got the pickups installed and got it back today! 
2i9CszB.jpg

My Standard is the same as the 56 Goldtop only in Sparkling Burgundy with 50's style C neck with no weight relief. It is such a precise player and sustains forever, but that is what Standards do.

PGRiNyY.jpg

Edited by mihcmac