Gibson Brands Forums

CCR - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Rabs

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Chasing the Dragon. 

OJ’s were Joints laced with Opium… Chasing the Dragon indeed.. Another time, Another world… 

One CCR Song that we played over & over was “Run Through The Jungle”…. Even today whenever I hear that Song I’m transported back to that Place & Time….

17 minutes ago, Larsongs said:

OJ’s were Joints laced with Opium… Chasing the Dragon indeed.. Another time, Another world… 

One CCR Song that we played over & over was “Run Through The Jungle”…. Even today whenever I hear that Song I’m transported back to that Place & Time….

I used to steal my moms Valium and chug beers with them. That’s true black out drunk. I almost went to jail one night while camping with my friends. It’s a long story. I remember up to taking them, drinking several beers and then I woke up in the tent at our campsite. My friends told me I had been sleeping for about the last 12 hours. Passed out more like it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 hours ago, Larsongs said:

His Weed wasn’t. Besides buying by the Bag he offered Pre-Rolls. You could packs & cartons of Cigarettes that were steamed open, the tobacco was removed & filled with his Weed.. The Cigarette packs were resealed as if they’d never been opened. You could buy a Pack or a Carton.. I’d buy Marlboro’s. He also offered Pre-Rolls the size of Cigars. We would occasionally get some liquid Opium from another Papa San who ran an Opium Den & would lace his Joints.... We were F’n Crazy!

We used to do that for our own use with those LAREDO cigarette making machines.  Once made we'd slice off the filters their tubes contained,  [wink]  That was after we graduated from using those little  rollers made by the Top cigarette paper company. 

Of course, we'd hand roll the more potent "two toke" weeds like Hawaiian,  Jamaican red, chiba and such.  Really didn't need anything as thick as the machine made for those.  I really never laced my stuff with anything.  I did know those who laced with "dust"(PCP).  I tried some with them and quickly decided it wasn't for me.  🤢  And I more often than not would use a tiny corn cob pipe that most place selling tobacco products would sell for a dollar.  Screens at a head shop were cheap enough.  And the first ime I heard any concept of buying weed legal was this----

Whitefang

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

We used to do that for our own use with those LAREDO cigarette making machines.  Once made we'd slice off the filters their tubes contained,  [wink]  That was after we graduated from using those little  rollers made by the Top cigarette paper company. 

Of course, we'd hand roll the more potent "two toke" weeds like Hawaiian,  Jamaican red, chiba and such.  Really didn't need anything as thick as the machine made for those.  I really never laced my stuff with anything.  I did know those who laced with "dust"(PCP).  I tried some with them and quickly decided it wasn't for me.  🤢  And I more often than not would use a tiny corn cob pipe that most place selling tobacco products would sell for a dollar.  Screens at a head shop were cheap enough.  And the first ime I heard any concept of buying weed legal was this----

Whitefang

Now you can have it delivered, or go to the weed store, if your state is legal. Michigan is. I’ve bought weed in Traverse City and one other city too, maybe Sault Ste. Marie.

1 hour ago, Larsongs said:

In California they have a special day called Pot Day.. The Pot stores celebrate with give free Prizes, Sales & Give Aways! 

I F U K I N miss Cali. When I went out to Cali when my mom was in Hospice, my wife and I were at the weed store in Ocean Grove on a regular basis.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 9/5/2022 at 7:42 AM, Murph said:

I had a little Kustom 100 p.a. back in the 70's. It was the red tuck and roll. Two small cabs and the head.

Never heard their P As.  But that band(as I said) Bublle Puppy used their amps and we were amazed at how much cleaner they sounded than the Marshalls Canned Heat were using.

Whitefang

20 hours ago, Larsongs said:

In California they have a special day called Pot Day.. The Pot stores celebrate with give free Prizes, Sales & Give Aways! 

For near 50 years now( with a couple years left out due to the pandemic) Ann Arbor, MI has held an annual "Hash Bash".  People would gather in  U of M's diag and well....no explanation needed.  It all started as a protest of the felony charge and arrest of John Sinclair for possession of two joints.  Held annually all those years despite pot's illegality.  The police used enough discretion to lay back and not move in until things got out of hand.  Which it never did far as I know.

Last bash was this past April.

Whitefang

1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

For near 50 years now( with a couple years left out due to the pandemic) Ann Arbor, MI has held an annual "Hash Bash".  People would gather in  U of M's diag and well....no explanation needed.  It all started as a protest of the felony charge and arrest of John Sinclair for possession of two joints.  Held annually all those years despite pot's illegality.  The police used enough discretion to lay back and not move in until things got out of hand.  Which it never did far as I know.

Last bash was this past April.

Whitefang

Hash is mean stuff. I haven’t had any in a few years.

• Like 1