Gibson Brands Forums

Red House

Homz

For weeks now our band has been doing the song "Red House". This song has taken many variations. Classic blues, deep delta blues, funky blues. This song should be in everyone's play list. You can adapt it to virtually any setting. My appreciation for the blues grows with every playing of this classic blues song. Try it. Also having a keyboard player to change the basics of the song on the fly makes this weekly progression even easier. I don't know what variation this song will take this evening, but I look forward to it.

I love how all it takes it just a little variation in the bass line of the keyboard to take it from deep deep blues to something approaching Jerry Lee Lewis. We'd been doing more the latter for weeks and then a couple of weeks ago, the drummer happened to have a slower tempo going and it just all fell into place.

"Red House" sounded good tonight. It was perhaps the only thing that did. I think the variation was somewhere between deep blues with a bit of rockabilly. Even the sit in guitarist sounded good on that one.

Archived