Gibson Brands Forums

Affinity Telecaster with humbuckers

marco mancini

hello there  American  brothers , i d love to buy this  little tele  by Squier  because  i d love to have a tele with Humbuckers on it ,  i know  it is an entry level guitar  do you have any tips on upgraded  to be done to make  a near pro  Guitar .ps.  I already have   a di marzio  dual sound DP101BB+BK to put on the bridge   then what  i  can do  for the rest  of it ?

thanks to everybody     and    keep on rocking  as the great Don Barnes of 38 special says ! 

https://ibb.co/TPfttQ9

2 hours ago, marco mancini said:

hello there  American  brothers , i d love to buy this  little tele  by Squier  because  i d love to have a tele with Humbuckers on it ,  i know  it is an entry level guitar  do you have any tips on upgraded  to be done to make  a near pro  Guitar .ps.  I already have   a di marzio  dual sound DP101BB+BK to put on the bridge   then what  i  can do  for the rest  of it ?

thanks to everybody     and    keep on rocking  as the great Don Barnes of 38 special says ! 

https://ibb.co/TPfttQ9

I have a Vintage Modified  Squier Telecaster that I really love. I had to change the neck because the truss rod had bottomed out and couldn’t be adjusted any more.  I found one that fit perfectly and is probably better than the original.  It has 3 pickups.  Mini Humbucker in neck position, and single coils in middle and bridge.  It has reversed controls on front.  
The pickups sound really good. Other than the neck, and a new nut,  I’ve done nothing else to it. 
I own 14 electric guitars.  Many cost 3-4 times more than the tele. But that is one of my favorite guitars to play.  
I also own a MM Fender Telecaster.  
I like the squier better.  And play it much more.  
So see how it sounds.  You may like it just the way it is.  But whatever you do,  a Squier can be a great guitar, if you happen to find the right one.  I know. 
Good luck in your endeavor. 😃

I have a Squier Affinity J Bass. In order to be comparable to a higher end model this particular instrument needs

Fret level, crown, and polish. Fret ends were sprouting and sharp and needed work. 

New tuners. The original tuners are kindof embarrassing because they literally don’t even function properly. The teeth on the gears doesn’t quite line up with the corkscrew-like threads on the tuning key. When you turn the tuner the gear binds up and flexes until it snaps back into place 

The stock pickups sound fine enough but the pots are extremely cheap. The instrument would feel a bit nicer and be a bit more reliable with nicer pots

Other than that it pretty much just needed a basic setup. Action and intonation are not set well from the factory but that’s really easy to fix. Biggest problems on mine were tuners and fretwork 

Any pickup can be used it just depends what you want