Gibson Brands Forums

Good Book !

BluesKing777

I do not read a lot of books about guitars.  About the only two I have ever bought were J.T.'s "Kalamazoo Gals" and Michael Wright's "Guitar Stories" which discuses instruments such as Alamo, Kay,  Maccaferri and electrics built by Martin and Guild.  I have been given a couple of others though.

The best book relating to music I have read in a very long time remains Jorma's autobiography "Been So Long".  What is cool is he devotes a good amount of time to talking about the guitars he played such as his 1956 J45 and 1958 J50 both of which he got from the same music store in D.C.  There was even a Harmony Sovereign in there between them.  

I finished reading it last week and gave it to my luthier to read over Christmas.........if he gets time! He has a workshop at home as well as his normal workplace/office and has some customs on the boil.....

I was struggling to think of a guitar geek nearby that would want to read it......guitar wood traced back to it origin......hmm, better half and my relatives rolled their eyes, declined......😃

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

• 10 months later...
On 12/26/2022 at 5:13 PM, zombywoof said:

I do not read a lot of books about guitars.  About the only two I have ever bought were J.T.'s "Kalamazoo Gals" and Michael Wright's "Guitar Stories" which discuses instruments such as Alamo, Kay,  Maccaferri and electrics built by Martin and Guild.  I have been given a couple of others though.

The best book relating to music I have read in a very long time remains Jorma's autobiography "Been So Long".  What is cool is he devotes a good amount of time to talking about the guitars he played such as his 1956 J45 and 1958 J50 both of which he got from the same music store in D.C.  There was even a Harmony Sovereign in there between them.  

I agree the book is quite good. I'm just learning to play the guitar. I read everything and I recently asked to write my essay for me, I found https://edubirdie.com/write-my-essay-for-me for help. I don't have enough time for all my things. You also need to learn how to teach at the university.

The book "Been So Long" is really cool.

Edited by AvirJiffy
  • Like 1