Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

WTB: Gibson Dove


Sojourner

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

That didn't take long !        Remember - it  will take for the new one to get 'broken in'.   It may never sound  how  you remembered  the one you have now sounds. 

I bought a brand-new Hummingbird in 2011.   It sounds 100% different after now after 12 years.... but I'd say it took maybe 10 years to really open up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 3/11/2023 at 2:26 PM, fortyearspickn said:

That didn't take long !        Remember - it  will take for the new one to get 'broken in'.   It may never sound  how  you remembered  the one you have now sounds. 

Wise words - you can't buy age. But maybe keep the 2 for a while and be enlightened. 

On 3/11/2023 at 3:25 PM, DanvillRob said:

I bought a brand-new Hummingbird in 2011.   It sounds 100% different after now after 12 years.... but I'd say it took maybe 10 years to really open up.

Plus the fact your mind'n'ears change, , , and memory twists - but I follow your idea. 

Edited by E-minor7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2023 at 1:26 PM, fortyearspickn said:

That didn't take long !        Remember - it  will take for the new one to get 'broken in'.   It may never sound  how  you remembered  the one you have now sounds. 

Thanks, that is a good point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

 

Plus the fact your mind'n'ears change, , , and memory twists - but I follow your idea. 

Well....my mind HAS gotten to the point where I can barely remember my own name from day to day....and ears keep getting bigger and bigger, (and covered in hair)....so I guess you're right!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...