Gibson Brands Forums

WTB: Gibson Dove

Sojourner

54 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

That didn't take long ! Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Remember - it Ā will take for the new one to get 'broken in'. Ā  It may never sound Ā how Ā you remembered Ā the one you have now sounds.Ā 

I bought a brand-new Hummingbird in 2011.Ā Ā  It sounds 100% different after now after 12 years.... but I'd say it took maybe 10 years to really open up.

• Like 1

Ā 

On 3/11/2023 at 2:26 PM, fortyearspickn said:

That didn't take long ! Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Remember - it Ā will take for the new one to get 'broken in'. Ā  It may never sound Ā how Ā you remembered Ā the one you have now sounds.Ā 

Wise words - you can't buy age. But maybe keep the 2 for a while and be enlightened.Ā 

On 3/11/2023 at 3:25 PM, DanvillRob said:

I bought a brand-new Hummingbird in 2011.Ā Ā  It sounds 100% different after now after 12 years.... but I'd say it took maybe 10 years to really open up.

Plus the fact your mind'n'ears change, , , and memory twists - but I follow your idea.Ā 

Edited by E-minor7

On 3/11/2023 at 1:26 PM, fortyearspickn said:

Thanks, that is a good point.

9 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Ā 

Plus the fact your mind'n'ears change, , , and memory twists - but I follow your idea.Ā 

Well....my mind HAS gotten to the point where I can barely remember my own name from day to day....and ears keep getting bigger and bigger, (and covered in hair)....so I guess you're right!

• Haha 1