Gibson Brands Forums

Waiting on a M2M Gibson J180 based off of the Everly Brothers Guitar

motorcitychick

I ordered my M2M Gibson J180 based off of the Everly Brothers guitar on July 5th 2022 from GC in Nashville.  I haven't heard anything yet on updates when I might possibly receive this beautiful guitar from the Montana plant.  I wonder if anyone here on the board might be able to check and see when this guitar will arrive.  My sales guy is Tony Higbee and he hasn't heard anything yet, but possibly it takes up to a year for me to get this guitar.  I noticed the Montana plant has been kicking out new models lately and I am hoping my guitar will arrive soon.  I love my Gibson guitars and I always wanted a J180.  The Everly Brothers were so cool and I was lucky enough to see them perform at the Ryman years ago when they did a one off concert.  Albert Lee was in their back up band and he is such a fantastic guitar player.😊

I've heard that M2M guitars can take a long time, but it seems like the retailer that placed the order for you should be able to contact Bozeman and at least get a rough idea rather than just sitting and waiting for them to tell you when it's coming.  There is no one on these forums that can tell you - we are all just consumers like you and Gibson does not monitor these forums or respond to questions that we pose.

The good news is you will LOVE your J180. If you dig the Everlys, there is no guitar that will get you there quite like a 180. I had a cherry red one, super cool guitar and so iconic with the twin pickguards! 

I’d drop Gibson an email and ask about the eta of your M2M order. I’d imagine you’re counting the days, I know I would be!