Gibson Brands Forums

Help: chambering info

Belva

Don't forget with the maple back the weight is added back on' date=' plus the maple fron is thicker than the average maple cap.

[/quote']

Just as I stated... 2 maple caps.

How do you like your supreme? I guess it should be great in terms of playability and looks, so what about tone? Aren't you afraid of scratching that beauty's back?:- I know I would be!

Not sure where you get that idea from' date=' do you own a Supreme?

Mine weighs 8.8lbs which is more than the average chambered Les Paul. Don't forget with the maple back the weight is added back on, plus the maple fron is thicker than the average maple cap.

Sounding more like a semi-hollow body is wrong. Have you heard these guitars?[/quote']

No, I do not own a Supreme. I own an R8. I have heard and played the earliest made Supremes only. On this, I am using direct contact with a Supreme owner who pre-ordered and purchased the 6th one ever made as my info primary source, my own ears & hands and the revised Wheeler, Gibson Guitars new addition as documentation. So, iownanlps, if you own one I bow to your 1st hand knowledge. Could it be there has been any change since the first introduction, particularly in the sound chambering? My source does know his stuff and has a bad back injury, re: the special pre-order when he first heard Gibson was making such.

He left this forum when the original forum was killed and all members' prior posts booted. As for sounding like a 335 (semi-hollow), I was trying to introduce a reference point meaning more airy as the 335 and moredistinct and unique in sound as a specific Paul model because of that fact, but still a Les Paul for sure. I was hoping to make a specific point only in that area. I must have sounded too literal there. But, are you telling me your Supreme does not have a sound unique to that model? If so, then that is a new one on anyone I know who has heard and/or played the Les Paul Supreme. It is a great Les Paul, and I wasn't saying otherwise. Please excuse me, if it seemed so. I do know it's price and reputation.

I think we could go deeper on this and the guys would love it, agreed? But if you own one I think it is only proper I concede to your info. Only one question, what year is your Supreme? I want to know just out of my own curiosity.

I've sure done my best to stay the heck out of dispute territory. You own one; that says it all. I hope I did ok with you on this response.

Archived