Gibson Brands Forums

Need help finding a black control cavity cover for my '83 Explorer

Sheepdog1969

Late last year I removed the Control cavity cover from my '83 CSE Gibson Explorer to help a forum member identify pot serial numbers/markings. I placed the two gold screws and the black plate in a small manila envelope that was laying nearby. Just after uploading and posting the pictures of the pots, I got a call from my Dad telling me that my Mom was near death, and that my daughter and I should get to the hospital ASAP. I thought I had placed the envelope in the case with the Explorer, but apparently I didn't. The next few weeks were a bit of a blur, and when I went to put the plate back on, after things settled down, the envelope was no where to be found. (I assume it was thrown out by mistake) I have reached out to Gibson, but they said they could not sell me the replacement parts. They told me to contact an authorized Gibson dealer, but I cannot find anyone who has the parts. I searched online again last night and this morning with no luck. Can anyone help?