Gibson Brands Forums

Identify LG-1

CarpenterSaw

https://share.icloud.com/photos/009D1_D_JRBZ3czVfKvIqikSA

If folks can follow the above link to look at the photos   it won't let me add them    says too big    anyways  bought this LG-1. I think it's a 1957. Someone modified it at some point  with a pick up, adding tone and volume knobs. Despite that, remarkable shape. Beautiful back on this one. There is a curious number etched into the heel of the neck    the factory order number inside begins with a u I think   it's u 376 20   any thoughts ? Bridge is not a rectangle but smaller belly up rosewood. Curious  guitar but sounds great    Thanks for any input   fellow told me it was an LG3 which of course it's not    ladder braces sunburst late 50s maybe early 60s LG-1 are my thoughts    but heck   love playing and singing with it    there is me trying to play friend of the devil on it too   enjoy 

Edited by CarpenterSaw

I must confess that I don't know shiit from shinola about old Gibson acoustics, but that is a great guitar!

I love the addition of the pickup and volume & tone knobs.
Very, very J-160E thing to do, and way cool.

Looks a lot like this one on Reverb.
https://reverb.com/item/4149649-gibson-lg-1-1959-sunburst

The bridge has been changed out on one or the other, but the details all look right.

You look very happy playing her, and the dog approves! 
That is important around my house too.

This is my black and white, Simon Peter. He's 12 years old.
In this photo, he thinks he's getting some ice cream.
😀

doggos-2-jpg.1164042