Gibson Brands Forums

NGD! 2021 SG Standard, one piece body!

seabeesw

I just got this. 2021 SG Standard, heritage cherry. I ordered from Zzounds (I know they get some hate, but I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them) thinking I was getting a 2023, and I was a little indignant at discovering my “new” guitar was almost 2 years old. My disappointment turned to elation when I discovered that the SG arrived set up perfectly (intonation, action, even pickup poles!), and that it has a ONE PIECE BODY! I thought that single piece bodies were reserved for the higher end models. Has anyone else had any experience with this in the past few years, or did I just get a unicorn? 

75BF6311-1001-4411-8117-62F077F5270F.jpe

IMG_2763.jpgIMG_2764.jpg
IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

Edited by seabeesw
Added photos
  • Like 1

Love that white finish! I’ve always been kind of partial to the traditional cherry, and more so since I got a cherry J45 a couple years back. I wanted a cherry LP Classic, but something about the SG just does it for me in a way that Les Pauls (however awesome they are) never did. I’m stoked to finally have one again. This one is definitely going on the “keeper” pile. 

I actually ordered a white pickguard for mine immediately after ordering the SG, because something about the white on red just screams cool to me. But…this thing came so well set up that I don’t want to pull the bridge in order to swap the black guard for the white. I’m afraid I’ll good my setup up, and while I know I can put I back to rights, I’m worried I won’t get it set back as well as it came. So I’m rolling with the black batwing for a while. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Strong Heavy said:

I love your SG Supreme, I' d like to find a blue one for a soft price.

Thanks.  They’re great guitars.  I was fortunate when I bought mine.  It was 2004 and I wanted a black one.  I was living in Tucson and I couldn’t believe my luck.  Rainbow Guitars had one in stock so I ran down to “test drive” it.  It took me very little time make my decision and buy it.  

The blue ones are also beautiful guitars.  Good luck in your quest.