Gibson Brands Forums

Nick Lucas Special...

egoidealmusic

Very informative. I think 1:05 may had added a nick to the Nick. I have a newer NL 12 fret RW that I like a lot. I like his thinking on older guitars. When I first started getting into vintage guitars, I didn't worry if a neck reset was needed. I've since changed my mind. I think they lose something in the repair. I'm probably just impatient. I have a '42 LG1 that's never had the neck off, and it doesn't need to.

49632879356_6802667b3c_z.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/10/2023 at 8:34 PM, Dave F said:

Very informative. I think 1:05 may had added a nick to the Nick. I have a newer NL 12 fret RW that I like a lot. I like his thinking on older guitars. When I first started getting into vintage guitars, I didn't worry if a neck reset was needed. I've since changed my mind. I think they lose something in the repair. I'm probably just impatient. I have a '42 LG1 that's never had the neck off, and it doesn't need to.

I heard that too at 1:05! i like that he knows them all inside and out but he's not too precious with them. in terms of neck resets, if it needs it to be a working player, better to have it done than to retire it for the sake of originality. I passed on a banner lg2 where the bridge had been shaved down thin to avoid a neck reset and it all just seemed silly. rest assured im still kicking myself  (it was priced quite well compared to today) but i would have had that thing in two pieces pronto!