Gibson Brands Forums

Help Identifying Guitar Purchase

I recently purchased a Gibson acoustic guitar. According to my research, the FON being S9532 should make it a 1959.  Everything about it looks like it matches the 1959 J45 look, the one difference is the bridge. This guitar has a rectangular bridge that I have seen on older models. All of the other 1959s I have seen picture of have the "belly up" bridge. I have pictures I can post, but I am new to this forum and wanted to make a post to see if anyone is interested in helping out.

Thanks,

Matt

On 1/20/2024 at 7:55 AM, Matt the Noob said:

I recently purchased a Gibson acoustic guitar. According to my research, the FON being S9532 should make it a 1959.  Everything about it looks like it matches the 1959 J45 look, the one difference is the bridge. This guitar has a rectangular bridge that I have seen on older models. All of the other 1959s I have seen picture of have the "belly up" bridge. I have pictures I can post, but I am new to this forum and wanted to make a post to see if anyone is interested in helping out.

Thanks,

Matt

That would be interesting to see. 

If you have the picture on a host such as flicker or imgur, you can paste a link on this forum and the picture will show. Just move the mouse over the picture, right click and select copy link then past it in your post. Also, measure the width of the lower bout. J45 is about 16", LG's are about 14".

53471544312_ee0af11c82_n.jpg

Edited by Dave F

• 2 weeks later...