Gibson Brands Forums

FAVOURITE SONG OF THE MOMENT AND WHY?

Rockin365

What's your favourite song of the moment 'song can be from any era', And why?

I'll start by saying Iron Maiden's 'Wasted Years' coz it just about sums up the last 20 yrs of my life and ive just come to realise this! Guess thats what happens when ya get old and have kids!

P.s this isnt my fave song of all time just one of the moment.

There is far too much top quality music from across a very diverse range to possibly have 1 fav song!

Tough one! But, I'm gonna go with Led Zeppelin's "Ten Years Gone." Probably for many of the same reasons Rockin'365 gave. It's one of those that I break out once in a while when the band is just sitting around and strumming their guitars.

I didn't get old and have kids...I had kids and got old!

I'm into Rod Stewart's "Passion" right now, mainly because I'm learning the bass line. But Little Feat's "Dixie Chicken" and Junior Wells' "That's Alright" have been getting a lot of play time lately, too...for the same reason.

'

I love improvising on the Backing track of that song.

Yeah it's kinda perfect for it musically and vocally.

Dunno if you have seen the Eminem film but there is a humourous version of it in a scene.

P.S I AM NOT

I REPEAT

AM NOT

AN EMINEM FAN!

I Hope It's Gonna Rain by Damon Fowler. I saw him last Wednesday and loved it. Hope he gets the recognition he deserves. He played that song and I bought the cd at the show. It's one of those songs that paints a good picture

I Hope It's Gonna Rain by Damon Fowler. I saw him last Wednesday and loved it. Hope he gets the recognition he deserves. He played that song and I bought the cd at the show. It's one of those songs that paints a good picture

Just watched it, Really chilled out song. nice thanks for sharing. :o)

This is my favorite song I've ever listened to.

#1 - "You Lied" - By Tool, originally written by the band Peach but the Tool version is much better.

The instrumental is haunting, heavy and heavenly. The bass is crisp, beautiful and trance-like, the guitars searing, ethereal, and perfect. The vocals sound angelic and very true. My favorite song ever. Cannot say enough good stuff about it.

And my 2nd favorite right now:

#2 - "Beware (the water) - By Deftones.

This song encompasses me whenever I listen to it. Great feeling. Every part is well done.

Archived