Gibson Brands Forums

Good Price for Historic CS 1942 Southern Jumbo

Gibson29

8 minutes ago, slimt said:

Sorry. Wrong price I mentioned. Its actually $9099.00 cdn   I see Daves is 4999 us.  

Are you guys looking at the same guitar? Dave F said his at Dave’s was 3750. US.  That’s only a tweak over 5,000. CDN

15 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

Are you guys looking at the same guitar? Dave F said his at Dave’s was 3750. US.  That’s only a tweak over 5,000. CDN

Your right. Still 7000 up here

16 minutes ago, PrairieDog said:

I’m confused. Are you saying a different one is for sale up there for 7,000?  That’s crazy.

The one you said was 3750us  at Daves is 7000 cdn up here and that is the out the door price. From the Long and mc Quade stores which owns the Yorkville dist for Gibson.     The lightly aged version of the 42 Sj  up here is 9090.00 cdn  here.   5400 us at Daves.   We only get the one year warranty as well. Not the life time of owner ship like in the USA  it is crazy.     They have the market cornered here. 

5 minutes ago, slimt said:

The one you said was 3750us  at Daves is 7000 cdn up here and that is the out the door price. From the Long and mc Quade stores which owns the Yorkville dist for Gibson.     The lightly aged version of the 42 Sj  up here is 9090.00 cdn  here.   5400 us at Daves.   We only get the one year warranty as well. Not the life time of owner ship like in the USA  it is crazy.     They have the market cornered here. 

Bummer. My mistake, I thought the one at Dave’s was used, so not like L&Q has a say in it.  

22 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

Bummer. My mistake, I thought the one at Dave’s was used, so not like L&Q has a say in it.  

The one at Dave’s is used for 3750US, but in Canada it’s more due to exchange and VAT and Maple Syrup/Poutine Tax.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gibson29 said:

The one at Dave’s is used for 3750US, but in Canada it’s more due to exchange and VAT and Maple Syrup/Poutine Tax.

Ahhh, just curious, are you getting that CDN price from Dave’s site? I am sorta familiar with importing things, and I’ve not had something  double in cost due to the VAT/taxes.  You seemed to say that L&Q was quoting that price.  They would have nothing to do with this sale.  Dave would ship it directly to you.  Anyway, wish you were in southern Manitoba, I’d just run it across the border for you, lol.  

4 hours ago, PrairieDog said:

Ahhh, just curious, are you getting that CDN price from Dave’s site? I am sorta familiar with importing things, and I’ve not had something  double in cost due to the VAT/taxes.  You seemed to say that L&Q was quoting that price.  They would have nothing to do with this sale.  Dave would ship it directly to you.  Anyway, wish you were in southern Manitoba, I’d just run it across the border for you, lol.  

No, I was referring to your post, I have no experience with CDN dollars and especially  Maple Syrup/Poutine tax.  Dave’s is 3750US apparently.  I’m in America btw.

8 minutes ago, Gibson29 said:

No, I was referring to your post, I have no experience with CDN dollars and especially  Maple Syrup/Poutine tax.  Dave’s is 3750US apparently.  I’m in America btw.

Oh,😄  sorry, I thought I was replying to Slim and he was being sincere.  Now I see you were poking a bit of fun at the national dish.  Good one. 

• Haha 1