Gibson Brands Forums

L-00 Style with more pizzazz?

BluesKing777

11 minutes ago, Dave F said:

Not at all. I've ordered three M2M Gibsons and thought the cost was less than I could get a standard model. You just have to be smart about about avoiding any extra tooling cost.

Sorry, then I was confused too why you would say that most folks here aren’t buying new.  I think that is a pretty sweeping generalization, and plenty of people off the forum are plunking down for new Gibsons and they search here too, that’s I how found the place.  Kind of a strange thing to say?  Are you saying that ordering a special color does not cost some degree more than the same model off the line?  If that’s true, then I’m starting to count my pennies… I have ideas.  

The forum is about Gibson acoustic which almost all the members are interested. Buying new Gibson's is not a prerequisite. A few members who don't have a Gibson newer than the '40's are some of my favorite and most informative. My comment meant nothing negative.

The M2M program releases the dealer from the MSRP/MAP restrictions put on them by Gibson. They can charge what they want, so it depends on which Gibson dealer you deal with. I've had a Martin custom made and it worked the same way. Two of the Gibson M2M were not specials, but just models that were out of production. The L00 I ordered had a body from a standard run, a neck from a different recent run and a dark burst. The only up-charge was the aged top. Price came in less than the L00 Deluxe. Again, it all depends on the dealer. I can recommend Bailey Brothers in Birmingham, AL and Music Outlet in TN. Making the deal is up to you.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dave F said:

The M2M program releases the dealer from the MSRP/MAP restrictions put on them by Gibson. They can charge what they want, so it depends on which Gibson dealer you deal with. I've had a Martin custom made and it worked the same way. Two of the Gibson M2M were not specials, but just models that were out of production. The L00 I ordered had a body from a standard run, a neck from a different recent run and a dark burst. The only up-charge was the aged top. Price came in less than the L00 Deluxe. Again, it all depends on the dealer. I can recommend Bailey Brothers in Birmingham, AL and Music Outlet in TN. Making the deal is up to you.

Very good info there, Dave. You had explained before that an M2M build could actually be less expensive, but I'd forgotten why. 

1 hour ago, Dave F said:

The forum is about Gibson acoustic which almost all the members are interested. Buying new Gibson's is not a prerequisite. A few members who don't have a Gibson newer than the '40's are some of my favorite and most informative. My comment meant nothing negative.

thanks Dave for explaining that

On another track/tack? altogether....I have my 1968 Ramirez Estudio classical guitar and was looking at new models for interest and curiosity sake and came across their Ramirez Del Vino model classical!

Aha!

A guitar for the plonk lovers! Grape mosaics on the rosette and tuning machines, etc, etc.

I wannna wanna wANNNA1 wah wah...want! 😬

Come on  Gibson, give us the vino model L-00!

https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/joseramirez/instruments/vino

BluesKing777.

• Like 1