Gibson Brands Forums

Advice from the Trolls box - finger nails

Homz

Finger nails is an issue for all guitar players and thus this weeks edition is all about an alternative method for those pesky split nails.

Get some new nails

For the all natural approach try a better diet.

Fingernails are a body part that gets noticed first. When you shake hands with someone, you're bound to get stares or glances at your nails. Even "talking" with your hands make fingernails prominent. Proper fingernail grooming can help strengthen your natural nails. Exposure to harsh chemicals, hot water and cleaning solutions can make fingernails weak and fragile. With proper care, you can take measures to make fingernails stronger. Read on to learn how to make fingernails stronger.

Step1

Use gloves when washing dishes or using harsh chemicals. This will keep the nail bed from getting too wet and causing the nail to become weak. If you are not able to use gloves, minimize the amount of time the nails are wet and dry them immediately after they have been exposed to water for long periods of time.

Step2

Massage vitamin E oil into the cuticles every night before going to bed. This oil will absorb directly into the skin and the cuticle bed. Over time, the oil will make fingernails stronger.

Step3

Apply a thin coat of clear nail hardener over fingernails at least twice a day to help make the fingernails stronger. Do this for seven days consecutively, then remove the hardener and reapply a thin coat again, starting with day number one.

Step4

Implement the use of the nail biting medicine Thum to discourage the behavior. You can find this medicine in a local pharmacy or online. Reviews have shown that this medicine has proved to be successful in helping people to stop nail biting and chewing.

Step5

Drink milk or take calcium tablets daily to help the body in making the nails stronger. Even a multivitamin with a significant dose of calcium is beneficial in the effort to make fingernails stronger.

Thanks for taking the time to patronize the Trolls Box.

Next week we shall discuss proper technique for toilet bowl cleaning and how to avoid the "buzz kill" people in forums.

Thanks for taking the time to patronize the Trolls Box.

Next week we shall discuss proper technique for toilet bowl cleaning and how to avoid the "buzz kill" people in forums.

we dont have to wait til next week! off to start a new thread!

Homz's 5 steps are good - possible addition that helps too, eat gelatin (unless you is a veggymatarian type).

Gelatin, foodstuff E441, is in almost every "gummy" confectionery as well as other products such as marshmallows and some low-fat yogurt. Personally I just get the packets of Jelly, which I think our US brothers and sisters call Jell-O, and eat a couple of cubes a day. Keeps s'em supple. Why? I pick Jeff's way and rarely use a plectrum - got me five built in.

Archived