Gibson Brands Forums

How many guitars does a guitarist need?

1 hour ago, Phil OKeefe said:

You rock, Rabs! [thumbup]

You too sir...  As you said, if I can help someone else get the sort of pleasure that music in general has given me in my life then I would do that for almost anyone. Like my niece, im currently paying for her guitar lessons and to me, even if it ends up costing like over 1k to get her to the level she wants, its well worth that to me (they are talking about at least getting her to grade 3). And she is also doing music as one of her exams so this all helps her with that at least.

I dont know if she will continue down that path or not, she is still young but being the only other musician in the family, just to give her that opportunity to me is worth it. 

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2024 at 8:37 AM, Phil OKeefe said:

I like this. 🙂 I've given away a few guitars and amps (and even bought a drum kit for my 2 year old grandson) over the years, too. It's nice to help out friends and family members and to encourage others to play. I've enjoyed playing for many years now, and it's nice to share that with others who are interested in playing, too. I think it's great to share the fun and enjoyment of music with other people you care about.  Good for you for doing that! [thumbup]

Thanks. When the first grandson was born,  I tried  getting him interested in playing around 1.  We would sit on the couch and I let him pick the strings.