Gibson Brands Forums

Wow...just wow...i feel like hugging axe. *FIXED FOR THE 2ND TIME!!*

dem00n

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neo me and you should team up and attack it...we might get them to get rid of that Lounge. Also that place is full of Mods.

I appreciate the sentiment, but no thanks.

It's my policy to avoid offense until absolutely necessary.

A brutal, no-holds-barred defense can be crippling enough against a worthy foe.

I prefer to wait until trespassed against, then I can retaliate in a swift medieval fashion without a twinge of guilt.

I sleep better that way....

:-)

I appreciate the sentiment' date=' but no thanks.

It's my policy to avoid offense until absolutely necessary.

A brutal, no-holds-barred defense can be crippling enough against a worthy foe.

I prefer to wait until trespassed against, then I can retaliate with swift medieval action without a twinge of guilt.

I sleep better that way....

:-)

[/quote']

Hmm good point...but one day fender members will attack this forum...that will the time to strike.

Well fender just pays them more then gibson. I meant like a regular dude like us...just plays guitar for fun.

I do not think Fender or Gibson paid any of them to play their instruments, Eric Clapton bought 6 stratocasters and fell in love with them.

Its all preference.

Edit:

They probably pay most of the new artist to play their instruments exclusively, Most of those guys were Average Joes at one time as well.

(ah crap, You guys have moved onto a Strat vs. Les Paul debate since this thread was started, oh well, I'm posting anyway)

dem00n, I just read that other book you linked to on here, & I wouldn't let that get to ya. Some people just take stuff too seriously. I'm new here, but I kind of get the vibe that the 'lounge' part of this forum is for people to bring up dumb stuff, and keep the important discussions for other parts of the forum. I mean, I saw something on here earlier today about dog poop.

What it all boils down to is we're all a bunch of people that like guitars, and talking (usually) about guitars. I don't know, to me it's no big deal. It's a freakin' forum on a web site. -CNN isn't getting this crap from Gibson and putting it up on their television station for the world to see. I think this part of the forum is kinda funny sometimes. I guess I understand the other guy's perspective in a way. I mean, he probably comes here to get valuable advice on string height, or truss rod adjustments, pickup replacement, or whatever, and reading through fart jokes or whatever to find the proper humidity level for a home-made guitar humidor is annoying.

Rock n Roll isn't a high brow thing though. The people that perpetuate Rock n Roll aren't always high-brow either. I think Gibson realized this, and created the lounge. How many people bought SG's because of Angus? -I'm raising my hand. How many Les Paul's have been bought because of Slash or Jimmy Page? I bet Gibson makes just as much money off of people like us (if not more) as they do off of their acoustic market.

Lately I've been digging Frank Zappa quotes. I think this one could work here too:

"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment."

Hey Twiz/// you have been watching this topic for a while...post something man. (:

-Sorry man, I was reading... I just got home from a gig. I'm tired. I posted though...

Man never quit this forum, we need more smart guys like you Twiz! What he said...didnt really effect me in real life but it hit me more then anything else on a forum...and i know a guy who knows where i live in this forum. I just told my GF what happned...she wants me to quit...someone told be girls are always right...could they be now?

Man never quit this forum' date=' we need more smart guys like you Twiz! What he said...didnt really effect me in real life but it hit me more then anything else on a forum...and i know a guy who knows where i live in this forum. I just told my GF what happned...she wants me to quit...someone told be girls are always right...could they be now?[/quote']

You told your playmate what happened on a forum? Dude calm down.

Its a forum this should not even be affecting you at all.

You told your playmate what happened on a forum? Dude calm down.

Its a forum this should not even be affecting you at all.

Shes acutal on here right now as guest...hey...love you...>.>.

Archived