Gibson Brands Forums

For Obama Supporters ONLY

Bowdiddley

Applies to bushco' date=' as well. Remember -- "you are either with us . . . . . ." and war crimes. Yes, I do believe bushco encouraged war crimes. Perhaps they are not as horrific as the Nazis -- but this is 70 years later, and Americans should have progressed further than the junk bushco pulled in the name of America.

I do agree with you regarding "insults."

PERHAPS? IMHO this type of statement causes the writter to lose credibility. Come on, are you really saying that GW Bush's actions are debatable in comparison to the nazi's actions? Seriously.:-#

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PERHAPS? IMHO this type of statement causes the writter to lose credibility. Come on' date=' are you really saying that GW Bush's actions are debatable in comparison to the nazi's actions? Seriously.:-# [/quote']

No, there is no debate as far as I am concerned regarding george war bush.

We tortured people under his leadership.

We bombed innocent people based upon lies under his leadership.

This is the 21st Century. We are the USA. We should not do those things. Well most of us think so, anyway.

No' date=' there is no debate as far as I am concerned regarding george war bush.

We tortured people under his leadership.

We bombed innocent people based upon lies under his leadership.

This is the 21st Century. We are the USA. We should not do those things. Well most of us think so, anyway.[/quote']

What you call torture, what I call coerced interrogation, has been done in every administration for decades my friend. As President of the USA you have to make decisions that serve Americans safety above anything else. Sometimes those decisions lead to people who are part of a group that wish to do harm to thousands of innocent American people. These people have info that likely will save many lives. As President you would be criminally negligent if you didn't do everything possible to get the needed information from the scumbag. A pray for any and all past President's who have had to live with the knowledge that they had to order someone to be tortured. It must be a heavy load to carry, not one many could handle IMO. But I'm glad they made the decision if it saved one single American's life.

As far as innocent people being killed, name one war where innocent people aren't killed. There's a lot to the old saying "war is hell", it really is trust me.

G W Bush made mistakes on many decisions he made, however even the LA Times admitted he policies prevented attacks in L.A. . Truth be known those policies prevented many more attacks.

Nice points Bo.

Untold attacks that may never come to light.

Those men and women serve this country even though some citizens denigrate them for doing so.

What ever it takes to ensure the domestic tranquility and safety of this great nation.

Those men and women serve this country even though some citizens denigrate them for doing so.

So anyone that challenges the previous administration's tactics is denigrating the men and women who serve this country? That is a nice way to silence the opposition.

What ever it takes to ensure the domestic tranquility and safety of this great nation.

To the point where you imperil the democratic ideals on which this country was founded? How far is too far?

To the point where you imperil the democratic ideals on which this country was founded? How far is too far?

Lets put it this way, we haven't got there yet! IMHO

Seriously though, lets ask that question another way. Two terrorist are holding your mother and father hostage. It's 9:40pm and we have a partner of the two terrorist being held. We are confident he has info that can stop the threatened beheading of your mother and father which will take place on television at 10:30pm. Interrogators are asking for permission to conduct enhanced interrogation methods.

Now you make the call, where do we stop?

I bet your mother and father pray you make the right call.:-

Lets put it this way' date=' we haven't got there yet! IMHO

Seriously though, lets ask that question another way. Two terrorist are holding your mother and father hostage. It's 9:40pm and we have a partner of the two terrorist being held. We are confident he has info that can stop the threatened beheading of your mother and father which will take place on television at 10:30pm. Interrogators are asking for permission to conduct enhanced interrogation methods.

Now you make the call, where do we stop?

I bet your mother and father pray you make the right call.:- [/quote']

there is nothing I wouldn't do to save my family and I would be willing to live with the consequences of that decision.

But we are not talking about my family here..we are talking about national policy. I would hope the president is making decisions in the best interest of this nation...not his family or just my family.

there is nothing I wouldn't do to save my family and I would be willing to live with the consequences of that decision.

But we are not talking about my family here..we are talking about national policy. I would hope the president is making decisions in the best interest of this nation...not his family or just my family.

I think it is in the best interest of the USA for our policy to protect the lives of our citizens, be it one or one thousand.

I think it is in the best interest of the USA for our policy to protect the lives of our citizens' date=' be it one or one thousand. [/quote']

OK...let's revisit your scenario. Let's say that by using torture to save my family, it puts your mother and father, as well as a thousands of members of our military, at much greater risk of being kidnapped and beheaded in the future.

Would you want them to save my mother and father?

OK...let's revisit your scenario. Let's say that by using torture to save my family' date=' it puts your mother and father, as well as a thousand other families, at much greater risk of being kidnapped and beheaded in the future.

Would you want them to save my mother and father?

[/quote']

The enemy STARTED kidnapping and beheading BEFORE we started enhanced interrogation...try another argument.

Nice points Bo.

Untold attacks that may never come to light.

There is actually a video on you tube of your previous president saying that leaders who commit crimes and Soldiers or Anyone else who follow him should be held accountable and that the saying "I was just following orders" will not justify your actions.

The enemy STARTED kidnapping and beheading BEFORE we started enhanced interrogation...try another argument.

Trying to read the other posts before jumping in. This discussion is based on Bo's scenario. I didn't come up with it. It is a hypothetical. Do you need to look that word up in the dictionary?

For once try not to let your emotions get in the way. I was enjoying a civilized debate with Bo.

Yeah you guys degraded yourselves to the level of a bunch of Religious fanatics, I mean whats next America? Please enlighten us? are you gonna fly planes in to their buildings? Strap your soldiers with bombs?

Trying to read the other posts before jumping in. This discussion is based on Bo's scenario. I didn't come up with it. It is a hypothetical. Do you need to look that word up in the dictionary?

I read the entire thread! Did you? Maybe you should try reading what you write? Just a suggestion there Moonie!

Yeah you guys degraded yourself to the level of a bunch of Religious fanatics' date=' I mean whats next America? Please enlighten us? are you gonna fly planes in to their buildings? Strap your soldiers with bombs?[/quote']

WTF? Are you on drugs? #-o

I read the entire thread! Did you? Maybe you should try reading what you write? Just a suggestion there Moonie!

Thanks for the insight. Now, why don't you go off and kick some sand in another sandbox.

Archived