Gibson Brands Forums

Amoral, Agnostic, Anything Goes Lifestyle, God Hater

Got any kind of list of those countries that are killing atheists yet?

How does the display of the commandments harm you or your child?

"BTW the 10 commandments are being displayed in my kids school at this very moment and we are involved in actions to get them removed."

You and others of your ilk are a minority and yet here you go again trying to force your minority opinions on everyone else...

Sure seems like hate...

There you go again confusing minority posturing for constitutional support.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the Jehovah witnesses show up at your door today and still won't go a way?

Man them people piss me off too. I'm with-ya' date=' brother[/quote']

Just tell them you worship Satan and invite them in for a warm cup of blood and they will never come back.

#-o

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

My solution for that is always this:

"I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I'm a born again Christian and worship at Pacific Christian Center on Sundays.

I believe Jesus was born of the virgin Mary, died on the cross for the sins of "all" mankind, was raised from the dead after three days, and sits at the right hand of God."

That's it. Thanks for stopping by, but I'm good.

I'm good.

When they show up at my door I break out my Greek New Testament and begin translating and showing them why they are wrong.

Between them and the latter day dudes I think I'm on their black ball list. #-o

I do lets talk about Casting Crowns' date=' Third Day, Steven Curtis Chapman, or maybe Mercy Me.

How's about a discussion on Peter Furler and the Newsboys.[/quote']

My wife and I saw Big Daddy Weave about a month ago. Their guitarest and I stood around and talked about the guitar he just built and I told him about the amp I just built. He's a cool, easy going dude.

Just tell them you worship Satan and invite them in for a warm cup of blood and they will never come back.

#-o

I tryed that and they call in more of them to try and save-me and I end up with 20 of them at my door

Hmm' date=' wonder who that could be.

Equally repulsive are those who show their [u']intolerance[/u] for anyone who doesn't find Jesus as their personal savior. Seems to me respect goes both ways. If you wear it on your sleeve don't be surprised when someone reads it out loud.

What do you mean "intolerance"...who hasn't tolerated you? Do you know what tolerance means?

This my god is better then your god crap is utterly insane. How it is that someone can in one breath say I believe my god is a god of love (or fill in the blank with what ever quote you want)' date=' then say the Muslim god is not the same god; I think it is the duty of all sane people to speak to that kind of hypocrisy. [/quote']

I believe that there is only one God, I don't think that the god of Muhammed is the same God of Abraham. That's my belief. Why is it your job or that of anybody else to call me a hypocrite? It's MY belief, aren't I entitled to it? Who's intolerant?

If I am the above mentioned person then GOOD. Atheists are kicked around by all sides. We need to stand and kick back from time to time. Let us not forget. We're the ones who get told things like "your not a good parent if you don't teach your kids about Jesus". Or in some countries they simply kill us atheists. I suspect that would be true here if the religious ever get the main power.

PLEASE tell me who kicked you around. What countries are killing atheists? I thought atheism was a belief in NO God, if that's your belief or faith, why not just live with it and move on?

I don't understand #-o

Got that list of countries that are killing Atheists yet?

There Muslim states. Is that what you wanted me to say. so you can do the my faith is better then their faith BS. My comments were about all faiths. It just so happens I live in a state that is majority christian and thus most of my life experiences are related to that faith.

I have met a total of 2 preachers in my life that I found interesting and were capable of having a conversation that didn't involve in some way showing intolerance to others. One was a Pentecostal Preacher from the middle of Appalachia. I had Christmas dinner with is family a few years ago. He is a great guy. Showed me his guns and his Martin D28 and 69 Fender flat top. We had a little jam session. The guy is capable of having a conversation without the baggage. I read that as an honest belief in ones faith without the need to justify or prove it to god on a every other min. basis. I truly respect him and those like him. I have no doubt if I had asked him about his beliefs he would have offered me an honest even handed position. He did tell me about the snake handlers who tried to sneak into his church. He actually had to post guards at the doors during Sunday services to keep them out. Snake handlers are illegal in Eastern Kentucky. Anyway my point is that I don't hate the followers of any faith. I do not; however, respect those that elevate their positions above all others. My atheistic points of view are not any more valid then those of the faiths. I don't expect any special provisions. I am equal and the state should not promote any faith. That is the states way of remaining neutral.

Since Eye have nothing better to do Eye just follow them around and ask stupid questions until they plead with me to go away.

Funny The Mick Eye Dude. I wish that would work for me.

That's a kool eye by the way

Jesus didn't command or ask me to kill anyone...he didn't command or ask me to convert anyone...conversion is God's job, not mine...

As I have stated MANY times in MANY conversations, I believe that God made us all equal in his eyes, he made us ALL in his image and he gave EACH and EVERY one of us FREE WILL...You get to believe whatever you want to believe.

In my opinion my Faith is better than ANYONE'S RELIGION...that's just my opinion, and I am as entitled to it as you are to your opinion.

Actually it is brought up by both sides. I don't hate religion or god concepts. I think they are all unnecessary and irrelevant...

That's exactly what I'm talking about from the self-proclaimed, enlightened man of the new millennium.

My wife and I saw Big Daddy Weave about a month ago. Their guitarest and I stood around and talked about the guitar he just built and I told him about the amp I just built. He's a cool' date=' easy going dude.[/quote']

Way cool story djroge.

Maybe he'll buy one of your amps from you in the future.

I once met Peter Furler from the Newsboys back stage at a gig last century. He brought me over to the buffet table and said, "Make sure you get something to eat," and then introduced me to the rest of the band.

Agreed and of course

<----------------------------------------------

These over here to the left

That's exactly what I'm talking about from the self-proclaimed' date=' enlightened man of the new millennium.[/quote']

What? You want me to not voice my opinion? I never see you holding back your opinion. If you read on you will see I still don't consider my opinion to be elevated above yours.

If you want respect you will need to try to show that you are capable of giving some. Note: I didn't ask you to show me respect. I really don't care. I get more riled when others who wont stand up and call you out for your intolerant positions just sit and take it. 2nd note: if you actually read past the labels of most if not all of my comments you will see my posturing is aimed at people not faiths. Agreed sometimes the points are a bit fine for the average person to pick it up, but never would I condemn a faith because of it's intolerant followers.

Hmm' date=' wonder who that could be.

Equally repulsive are those who show their intolerance for anyone who doesn't find Jesus as their personal savior...If I am the above mentioned person then GOOD. Atheists are kicked around by all sides. We need to stand and kick back from time to time. Let us not forget. We're the ones who get told things like "your not a good parent if you don't teach your kids about Jesus". Or in some countries they simply kill us atheists. I suspect that would be true here if the religious ever get the main power. [/quote']

=D>

I have no beef with the original post, it has merit.

But the way it is written makes you wonder who is hating on who...

Archived