Gibson Brands Forums

Amoral, Agnostic, Anything Goes Lifestyle, God Hater

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got any kind of list of those countries that are killing atheists yet?

How does the display of the commandments harm you or your child?

"BTW the 10 commandments are being displayed in my kids school at this very moment and we are involved in actions to get them removed."

You and others of your ilk are a minority and yet here you go again trying to force your minority opinions on everyone else...

Sure seems like hate...

My problem with the Ten commandments is that Christians claim the old testament laws have been fulfilled by Jesus H. Christ but ***** and moan when someone wants them removed.

My problem with the Ten commandments is that Christians claim the old testament laws have been fulfilled by Jesus H. Christ but ***** and moan when someone wants them removed.

Well there's modern logic for you.

Take another jab at the Christians.

Bet you feel good about yourself don't you, you amoral, agnostic, anything goes, anti-Christ.

Well there's modern logic for you.

Take another jab at the Christians.

Bet you feel good about yourself don't you' date=' you amoral, agnostic, anything goes, anti-Christ.[/quote']

Actually i do feel quite good taking a Jab at the Christians because 300 years ago i would have been killed by Christians for even questioning the Bible.

So in a way yeah i feel amazingly good that the Sky Fairy worshiping, Zombie praising lunatics do not run things anymore.

Actually i do feel quite good taking a Jab at the Christians because 300 years ago i would have been killed by Christians for even questioning the Bible.

So in a way yeah i feel amazingly good that the Sky Fairy worshiping' date=' Zombie praising lunatics do not run things anymore.[/quote']

Great post!:-& You are quite the witty hater aren't you?=P~ Yeah! THHG!!!!

Do you even own any guitars? What time is it in your country?

Great post!:-& You are quite the witty hater aren't you?=P~ Yeah! THHG!!!!

Do you even own any guitars? What time is it in your country?

3:18 A.M

Actually i own a couple of Guitars, I find it ironic that the biggest asshole (Which is you KSG) is calling people haters.

You remind me of that Christian family that was on Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, They protest soldier funerals and wish death on this planet and when someone questions them they say "You are such a Hater, Why are you a hater?".

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that in order to make a Constitutional argument' date=' I had to be harmed in some way. I asked a lawyer about it, he asked several questions about whether the display had any signs indicating that it was a donation from another group or if it was simply displayed. (It does not). Ironically, they hung them up next to the Constitution. Like I said before, I would not have bothered to make an issue out of it except that the school was vocally supporting religion to the students *in addition* to the display. [/quote']

That's because the foundation of this once great country was laid on the principles of Bible. Christianity had a major influence on many of the founding fathers. They understood that there are different religious denominations, they understood the values intrinsic with Christian beliefs.

Posting the 10 Commandments next to the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence doesn't harm anyone. The harm done is when we as a nation turn away from the truth that this country was founded on. Respect had an awful lot to do with it.

So in a way yeah i feel amazingly good that the Sky Fairy worshiping' date=' Zombie praising lunatics do not run things anymore.[/quote']

Ooooh.

Good one.

Dropping Hand Grenades in the forum again.

Your really on tonight.

That's because the foundation of this once great country was laid on the principles of Bible. Christianity had a major influence on many of the founding fathers. They understood that there are different religious denominations' date=' they understood the values intrinsic with Christian beliefs.

Posting the 10 Commandments next to the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence doesn't harm anyone. The harm done is when we as a nation turn away from the truth that this country was founded on. Respect had an awful lot to do with it.[/quote']

Get out the Medieval ages no country but the Muslim countries base their laws and principles on Religion anymore.

The day America becomes a Theocracy is the day America becomes a joke, By the way which sect of Christianity will America follow?

Hey THHG' date=' why don't you take your God hate to an atheist forum where you'll be appreciated? I think your an impostor, a liar, and a bomb thrower...Why start threads degrading other peoples faith? Who are you working for?[/quote']

Once more how can i hate something which does not exist? Do you hate Santa Clause for not bringing you presents when you were a kid?

I did not start this thread you tosspot.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion' date=' or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

What you have today is NOT constitutional...read the words and tell me where a "wall of separation between church and state" exists...

Your hero Thomas Jefferson held church services in government buildings...the 10 commandments hangs in the Supreme Court...what you have today is interpolation of the Constitution, brought to you by activist judges...You don't have to be a believer to be an American, but you don't have to change 250 + years of tradition and you don't have to impose your minority opinion on the majority via activist judges...history, the constitution and tradition are on the opposite side of the argument than you are.[/quote']

Thomas Jefferson also took out all the parts of the Bible that dealt with miracles and the resurrection. Whatever you want to think of the Founding Fathers, they were politically savvy enough to know that if they were openly non-Christian, they would probably be shot in the street. Read their private papers and you'll see what they *really* believed. In fact, in his original text of the Declaration of Independence, Jefferson wrote "All men are created equal and independent. From that equal creation they derive rights inherent and inalienable." The idea was to ensure that the U.S. would never have a single state religion as there was in England. Quite a radical idea at the time--both believers and non-believers could be citizens. WOW

And the wall of separation comes directly from Jefferson's writings in his explanation of how they meant the 1st Amendment to be interpreted. As they saw it, both government and religion were best served by keeping out of each other's business. This was further clarified in the Treaty of Tripoli in 1796 which states the United States is "in no way founded on Christianity."

Half a century after the U.S. was founded, clergymen were complaining that no President up to that time had been a Christian. In a sermon quoted in newspapers, an Episcopal minister lamented in 1831, "Among all our presidents from Washington downward, not one was a professor of religion, at least not of more than Unitarianism."

So those "activist" judges are doing exactly what most conservatives say they want--they are looking within the words of the Constitution itself and the available writings to determine the *intention* behind them. It's not a matter of forcing a minority belief on the majority. Our country is based on a fundamental belief that even though "majority rules," minority rights must be protected.

Archived