Gibson Brands Forums

1963 Epiphone Frontier

Benoit Trow

Not sure if this should be posted in Vintage?

I have a pristine 1963 Epiphone Frontier acoustic guitar in a beautiful sunburst and with the fancy rope pick guard. Unfortunately, it rarely gets played anymore due to other guitars I have and now mostly playing fingerstyle. Anyway, I never see these guitars anywhere, including eBay, and was wondering if anyone had an idea as to current value?

Thanks and cheers!

Trow

Not sure if this should be posted in Vintage?

I have a pristine 1963 Epiphone Frontier acoustic guitar in a beautiful sunburst and with the fancy rope pick guard. Unfortunately' date=' it rarely gets played anymore due to other guitars I have and now mostly playing fingerstyle. Anyway, I never see these guitars anywhere, including eBay, and was wondering if anyone had an idea as to current value?

Thanks and cheers!

Trow[/quote']

Hi I am interested in your Epi e mail me please with maybe pics and a total description. Thanks! suburude

suburude@comcast.net

There had been a real clean 65 Frontier that went thru e-bay probaby 4-5 times and had a buy it now of $2700 and I don't believe it ever sold at auction.

These Frontiers are cool guitars. I've played 4 of them and two had the sound and two didn't. That being said I'm intersted as well. Pic's and details to, cuca.pupo@verizon.net if you do consider selling it.

That 67 sure is clean.

Trow, I take it your 63 is Maple back and sides as well.

I think th 60's Epiphone headstocks are great looking.

I've never been big on flashy, or fancy guitars but for some reason I've always liked the look of the Frontiers.

Pretty much the same guitar as Gibsons maple Dove of the same time period, scale length I think is the same.

Archived