Gibson Brands Forums

Tommy Bolin Pedal

Riffster

I'm a sucker for fuzz pedals and own a mess of them. This one sounds REALLY good and I might just have to order one (thanks for enabling my habit). On the other hand, their treble booster sounds harsh and trashy compared to the one Analogman makes.

Dynadude - there isn't much to that recording in the way of studio wizardry.

I think it sounds great, I still would like to try one with my own Strat and see for myslef.

I saw this pedal reviewed on Guitar Player magazine, the only concern on this one is that it may not have enough output. I don't think single coil Strats have a lot of output anyway, I guess a clean booster would help.

You are right, I remember reading about this when I was looking into a Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz.

I just listened to the clip again and I am getting some GAS, but I must resist. My Mesa Express 5:25 head and cab have been on order for 5 weeks now so I am waiting for that call from the dealer.

If my Strat does not sound good through that then I will look into a pedal that is Strat friendly and this pedal may just fit that bill.

Anyone have any other sound samples? The one on the Hartman site sounds pretty weak; not enough vintage psychedelic fuzz.

For the record I use a Mosrite Fuzzrite, so that is where I am coming from.

Fuzzrite is a different kind of animal from a Fuzz Face; Fuzzrite is brighter and more aggressive sounding compared to a darker, more mellow sounding Fuzz Face. I thought the sound clips on the Hartman site are probably a pretty good representation of what the pedal sounds likes.

Archived