Gibson Brands Forums

longhorn doublecut pics

turtlesg17

Hello all" I just received the Longhorn from MF' date=' It's as pretty as the picture they show , and real light too. But I am abit conern that the only docs. I got with it is the checkoff list and a manaul for the robot guitar.

Dose anyone know were I can find out what suppose to come with this guitar?

The emgs are ok but seem kinda of plain sounding , but than again I'm not using a real good amp, I got a calibrated set of gold cover mules (bare knuckels pickups). Do you think I should replace the emgs or keep them on for collectors sake?

Thank You[/quote']

Sounds like you got the Les Paul manual. there's not a specific one for the different models they all look the same for a LP, The checklist is guitar specific though and should be your guitar not just our model but your serial number.

made a second post cause I didn't want to slam a new guy while answering his question, but Nope I don't get it I don't really like the design, the color, or the pickups of the longhorn. Just not Gibsony enough I'm sticking to the old Doublecut with p-90's

Gibsony - if that's not a real word it should be.

They did. There's one sitting in the GC near me.

The Longhorns are Guitars of the Month and have EMGs. The other Longhorn has not been released yet (it is the Guitar of the Month for 11/08).

On the other hand, MF/GC has an exclusive Gibson Les Paul Double Cutaway with knobs for two volumes and one tone.

Archived