Gibson Brands Forums

You know...hes a pretty good drummer.

dem00n

By the way' date=' The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold is a pretty good drummer[/quote']

agreed, his idea of keeping beat is by doing drum fills up and down around. Its to much for my taste. But never the less a very good drummer indeed, probly the fastest ive ever herd beside that guy from slipcantnot

No disrespect to the nu-metal drummers out there. Their technical skills are great, but none of them are Bill Ward. That guy was one of kind. Not too many drummers in rock that had the loosy goosy jazz style. Every drum part of his sounds like a train barreling down the tracks at 100+ miles per hour, always on the edge of derailing, but never does.

And sorry to hate, but Charlie Watts ain't nothing. He gets named because he drums for one of the biggest rock bands in history. I can think of a million drummers that keep better time (Ringo Starr) and play in pocket with more groove (Levon Helms) than him. Watts just rushes, which maybe what kept the Stones propped up through those god awful albums in the 70s/80s/90s. Maybe he should have stuck to jazz?

Mike Portnoy anyone? he definitely kills everyone who's ever been a nu-metal drummer even Joey from slipknot, fast kid, but just nasty... nasty.. (i was a marching percussionist before i tried drumset, completely different stuff, but you know clean drumming when you hear it, and his is not) . Stewart Copeland was always wonderful. and I totally agree on Bill Ward.

Archived