Gibson Brands Forums

TRADUZIONE DALL'INGLESE

Alnico

Chi sarebbe così gentile da tradurre o spiegare questo intervento d'oltreoceano?

Grazie mille

So, I'm tearing down my '88 wine red LP Custom because it's cutting out yet again.

This has been intermittently driving me nuts for the past ten years and I'd long left my beloved Lester in it's case most of all this time 'cause I can't play out or jam and have it just stop making sound at random, right? Over the years I've made several wiring repairs, but it kept coming back, so I'm presently pulling the entire electrics out. Found a broken ground wire to the block bolt and the bridge PU hot wire hanging on to the selector switch by a strand or two. May have had strands tickling grounded parts of the switch too, I don't know. But my main suspicion all these years has been the bridge pup as it's usually indicating to be the source. I actually desoldered the cover and found what I believed to be a weakly or wholly detached coil wire (it's possible I did that myself...coil wire is incredibly thin!). I fixed it and it tests out to be about 13.9 kOhms! But I figured it was a piece of junk anyway and I'm looking for a replacement, right? I spoke with Billl Lawrence on the phone several years ago when I was making a couple of Strat copies (they're sooo simple to make, those Fenders, like luthery for the beginner!) He was so chatty, he went on for an hour, I couldn't believe it! Hardly understood a thing he said, of course, all about Henry's and deep electronics theory, ya know? But sold me he did and I bought several pups since. So I figure I'll just get Bill to make me a new bridge replacement (Becky or Bill have yet to write me back, a week going now..you're right, you do have to call them.) And in the mean time I'm searching Gibson and I-net searches and eBay, trying to find this stupid replacement pickup that says"The Original...Gibson...HB-L" and I find absolutely NOTHING remotely close on this thing. Then lo and behold there it is: one lonely auction on eBay. An HB-R with a "buy it now" price of 60 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160216033195

The guy explains everything I needed to know. Says the HB-R is like the BEST neck pickup ever made, designed by Bill and put on some Gibsons only in '88 and '99 or so, confirming what Bill said, that he worked there then. So I'm all excited I got these in my LP and they're rare, possibly making my Custom more valuable, and they do sound soooo sweet, let me tell you (at least the bridge PU sounded exceptional to me).

So to make a short story loooong...I just tore my favorite guitar apart and guess what? ONLY THE BRIDGE PICKUP IS AN "ORIGINAL HB" CIRCUIT BOARD BASE!!! And the guy ended the auction EARLY!!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!!! I missed it! I need to find me one of these HB-Rhythm (neck) pickups now. I'm obssessed! What do they sound like? I MUST have a matching pair! I'm looking everywhere. I'll take one naked or nickel and put my original gold cover on, so color isn't an issue. Can anybody out there hook me up with one of these? Are they really rare? Do they make your guitar worth more? Do they really sound like the ultimate in bridge pickup design? (will this guy ever shut up?) Fill me in, my friends. What's the low down on these popular pups?

mazza s'è lungo...non c'ho voglia ade...:-$

Basta anche un sunto che mi faccia capire sta storia tra i PU '88 della custom ed Lawrence..

un riassunto del caz-zo saprai farlo o vivi in questo mondo solo per sparare caz-zate

Basta anche un sunto che mi faccia capire sta storia tra i PU '88 della custom ed Lawrence..

un riassunto del caz-zo saprai farlo o vivi in questo mondo solo per sparare caz-zate

ehy in inglese sono bravo...

dai appena torno stasera ci do un'occhiata. preferisci per filo e per segno o un riassunto con le cose principali?

Io trovo il tutto assolutamente privo di significato. Mica ho capito cosa vuole fare il tipo ... BL gli fa un altro PU e nel frattempo lui cerca su eBay un 'The Original' ? Ma per il manico? Ma se voleva sostituire quello al ponte non so per quale motivo ... e poi si contraddice quando afferma che il pu al ponte suona sweety ... mah io non ho capito niente, e poi sti tipi hanno il potere di farmi venire il malditesta, pasticcioni ed arruffoni all'inverosimile.

Giuro, ho fatto una traduzione di massima e l'ho salvata , ma la parte dove parla di Bill Lawrence mi è assolutamente incomprensibile e ribalta completamente il senso di tutto il resto, ammesso che un senso ce l'abbia.

Archived