Gibson Brands Forums

50th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard, 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS o 1958 Les Paul Plain Top VOS

Daniel Borotto

Ciao....sono nuovo del forum e avrei una domanda da farvi. Vorrei sapere che differenze ci sono a livello di suono tra queste tre chitarre: 50th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard' date=' 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS e 1958 Les Paul Plain Top VOS. Grazie!!![/quote']

we vieni nella sezione italiana che qua gli inglesi non ti rispondono :)

(translate the italian text in english)

Hello...i'm new in this forum and i had a question to ask you. I wanna know what are the (sound) differences between these three guitars:

50th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard, 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS e 1958 Les Paul Plain Top VOS

Thanks!!

The '09s I played do sound a little different. Not by much, though. I think they've tweaked the Burstbuckers but that's just me guessing. Daniel, all three are the same guitar. The only difference is the 2009s are built a little differently.

Rick, translate that for me, would ya, buddy? lol

Ok grazie...l'ho postato anche nella sezione italiana...Ciao!

we vieni nella sezione italiana che qua gli inglesi non ti rispondono =P~

(translate the italian text in english)

Hello...i'm new in this forum and i had a question to ask you. I wanna know what are the (sound) differences between these three guitars:

50th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul Standard' date=' 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS e 1958 Les Paul Plain Top VOS

Thanks!![/quote']

The '09s I played do sound a little different. Not by much' date=' though. I think they've tweaked the Burstbuckers but that's just me guessing. Daniel, all three are the same guitar. The only difference is the 2009s are built a little differently.

Rick, translate that for me, would ya, buddy? lol[/quote']

I think that he can understand your message =D>

well, the problem alot of people have is they think all R9s and R8s sound alike. The difference between an R8 vs. R9 is just about the same tone wise as an R8 vs. R8 or an R9 vs. R9. R8s will have a thicker neck and smaller frets, but only slightly, and aesthetically they aren't as pleasing. as for VOS... in my experience it just made the guitar feel like it was older than it was.

r8s and r9s have the SAME frets. VOS refers to the non-gloss finish and "aged" hardware. aethetically pleasing is in the eye of the beholder. if you like plaintops, then R9s are ugly.

Archived