Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 Custom (NGD)

Fenno

I was going to title this post, "I've Been a Very Good Boy This Year," but decided to go with something more tradional.

Two months ago, I took the plunge and ordered this guitar from the local Mom & Pop Gibson dealer, paying in full. (Oddly, I don't feel comfortable disclosing the sickeningly low price I paid for this. Not that the folks here care about such things.) ;-)

So I got the call this morning, and picked it up this afternoon. It was literally straight from the factory. I immediately fell in love.

First song: "I'm a Steady Rollin' Man" (as close to the Bob Johnson version as I can get)

(I'm sure I left out any and everything of substance, so I'll be sure to respond to any questions out there.)

headstock.jpg

incase.jpg

rosette.jpg

label.jpg

Thanks. It's a keeper.

I've only found one flaw so far. On the back of the headstock, not all of the text of "MADE IN U. S. A." got fully stamped. I can make out what looks like paint for the "U. S.", but no relief. The serial number appears to have stamped completely.

Well, as they say on eBay: "Doesn't affect sound or playability." :-

I wouldn't mind knowing the sickenly low price you paid....lol..(email me if you are shy)..I'm not that familiar with this guitar, were the custom features the headstock and the sound hole rosette? OR did you have some special hardware or braces ?? Thanks...great guitar

I wouldn't mind knowing the sickenly low price you paid....lol..(email me if you are shy)..I'm not that familiar with this guitar' date=' were the custom features the headstock and the sound hole rosette? OR did you have some special hardware or braces ?? Thanks...great guitar[/quote']

Here's the gibson.com page for this guitar: J-45 Custom.

So it's not a custom shop piece, but it could be mistaken for one.

I would consider it a "blinged out" J-45 Rosewood MC: Ren Ferguson-designed abalone headstock inlay, fingerboard binding, MOP inlay around top binding, and more...

Should I be required to wear a tuxedo when I play out with this one?

Archived