Gibson Brands Forums

fender custom shop

mr newhaven

has anyone ever ordered from here??

i was curious about the process...

i have an all rosewood telecaster...mij...i floated some pics of it around here earlier so i will spare you guys from more of the same...

i want to get an ALL Rosewood Strat now...i found one here...

https://www.premierguitar.com/gear/Guitars/Electric_Solid_Body/553837/Masterbuilt_60s_Rosewood_Stratocaster_NOS_Masterbuilt_by_Jason_Smith.aspx

but i am not sure if i am ready just yet to pick this up...maybe later on in the year if its still available...

if its gone...i havent been able to find another one for days of searching for hours!

i have heard of people ordering from the Custom Shop...i heard that it takes roughly six months and about 6 grand...

who does one call to set up a meeting or how does that work??

i have no idea and wanted to start looking into it now....thanks so much in advance

A lot of shops carry Fender Custom Shop guitars. You could probably get a hold them and ask. I saw an Eric Johnson Custom Shop Stratocaster the other day on Ebay with a bound rosewood fretboard. It was beautiful. Some shops and customers order them and for some reason aren't happy with them or just want to sell them.

Ask around on the Fender forum too. Those guys can help you out.

I saw your posts on the Tele Forum yesterday. I've always wanted a Rosewood Telecaster. Maybe one day. I'm happy with my 60th Anniversary Diamond Inlay Tele for now.

Good luck with that Stratocaster.

A cool tidbit. There was no "Fender Custom Amp" shop in the mid '90's, but the Celestion 10's in my Prosonic have a sticker on them that has the Fender logo, and they say "Fender Custom Shop"......

This thread has weird "wide-ness"

?

Murph.

Archived