Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG Education Edition?

jmr986

Been looking for an SG and came across a SG EE on CL for $300. I googled and couldn't find out much about it. Although I did see one offered for $177.

I defer to the experts for an explanation. thx.

joe

If you're still gonna look for one, from what I found it's one of those Gibson Baldwin guitars. It's pretty much the Gibson equivalent to a Squier Strat, a cheap beginners model. If you're just starting out and looking for an SG, then by all means go for it but you might be better with an Epiphone. If your a good player, then don't even bother with one of these. I played one in Best Buy a while back and the fret edges were like razor wire, and it just didn't seem very well made.

If you're still gonna look for one' date=' from what I found it's one of those Gibson Baldwin guitars. It's pretty much the Gibson equivalent to a Squier Strat, a cheap beginners model. If you're just starting out and looking for an SG, then by all means go for it but you might be better with an Epiphone. If your a good player, then don't even bother with one of these. I played one in Best Buy a while back and the fret edges were like razor wire, and it just didn't seem very well made.[/quote']

A razor wire fretboard could lead to some bloody good riffs, mate! =D>

If you're still gonna look for one' date=' from what I found it's one of those Gibson Baldwin guitars. It's pretty much the Gibson equivalent to a Squier Strat, a cheap beginners model. If you're just starting out and looking for an SG, then by all means go for it but you might be better with an Epiphone. If your a good player, then don't even bother with one of these. I played one in Best Buy a while back and the fret edges were like razor wire, and it just didn't seem very well made.[/quote']

Thanks hellion. I was just curious about that particular edition. In my limited experience I had never seen, or heard, of that edition. The gibson version of the Squire sums it up perfectly. You can also shred, not the good kind, your hands on the Squires too. No I'll hold out for a better one.

Archived