Gibson Brands Forums

Reverb

djroge1

Most of you know I'm in the middle of an amp build. This amp does not have a reverb tank.

It does have an effects loop which a lot of people run their reverb thru the loop.

What reverb do you use and like?

On all the amps I've owned in the past, which is not many all of them except the one I built and the one I'm building have had a reverb tank in the amp so I've never had use of an external one.

Has anyone tried the new line of reverb (or other) from digitech which uses the Lexicon chips?

That's interesting stuff with the digital reverb. That is an option and I'm book marking that page.

I was hoping someone has tried the new digitec like because its based around the chip used in some Lexicon reverbs.

I've heard a lot of praise for the Holy Grail reverb.

Well come on now' date=' its been 30 minutes since your last post. Whatcha going to do?

HUM?

Stop holding out...

But on a serious side wish I had that talent you have and build my own amp. That would totally rock.[/quote']

I don't know what I'm going to do yet.

I believe just about anyone could build a simple champ or princeton amp really. The only experience I've had prior is doing guitar mods. If you can solder in a Jimmy Page wiring in your guitar I think you could do an amp.

Check out my blog of the first build I did 2 Stroke amp

Really this build was not much more difficult than the JP wiring in my Les Paul and some of it was actually easier as the JP wiring is in a tight place.

If you want to do the 2 stroke amp build - I'd be glad to help via this forum, email, and phone.

Archived