Gibson Brands Forums

What Year Explorer Has a Long Tenon

max2343

I doubt current Explorers have it but do not know if they ever did.

I would have to guess vintage Explorers and reissues have a different neck joint since the neck heel is different in that it is flush with the body.

By the way check out this Korina Explorer on eBay, (you can see the neck heel) not mine but I wish it was, Korina is lighter and I have a bad back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Custom-Shop-Aged-Korina-Explorer_W0QQitemZ180405193267QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2a00fcca33&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I am not sure that is a long tenon Max, you can see clearly how it ends still in the pickup cavity.

AXE's does have the long tenon since it continues after the pickup cavity. AXE's is a Korina reissue. It looks like they added the neck and then carve the pickup route.

I am not sure that is a long tenon Max' date=' you can see clearly how it ends still in the pickup cavity.

AXE's does have the long tenon since it continues after the pickup cavity. AXE's is a Korina reissue. It looks like they added the neck and then carve the pickup route.[/quote']

Axes Does Not Have a Long Tenon. My Does.

Here is Another Photo ( For Example Only) That Clearly Show's no Part of The Neck Extending into The Body.

000_6561.jpg

My Explorer Does Have a Part of the Neck That Does Extend into the Pickup Cavity and Attaches to the Floor of The Body.

000_6895.jpg

I Don't See That on Axes Axe.

Sorry Don't Mean to Be The Cuda ****. But I Just Dont See a Long Tenon on The SG and Axes Explorer.

I do See it on the Paul. The SG if it Were a Long Tenon, IMO. The Top Would Be Part of the Neck.

It Too Does Not Have a Long Tenon.

Are Nine, No The Guitar is Not a Gibson. It's a Copy

That is not a long tenon.

The tenon on an LP will look different because the neck meets the body waaay higher than an Explorer or an SG.

Tim's SG has the long tenon so does his R9. The Explorer you posted does not neither does the Orville.

Bottom line: Explorer with long tennon see AXEs Explorer.

Archived