Gibson Brands Forums

Did Gibson Cancel The Jimi Hendrix Guitar?

jsinger

I doubt it's cancelled if they were that far along in the production process. they may have chosen to keep it more under wraps given the negative response.

If there was legal action it's just as likely it was within the Hendrix family. Jim had brothers and cousins and such who are actual blood relations, as opposed to Janie who was just some girl that Hendrix's father adopted who barely knew Jimi. I find it repugnant that she's parading around his legacy while pulling in a pretty big salary, while Jimi's grave remains incomplete.

Well put T-Bone the actions of Janie hendrix were cynical mercenary and as ghoulish as grave robbing.I can't for the life of me fathom why a company of Gibsons stature and integrity would get involved with such a boondoggle.Any fool could see that such an undertaking would create a huge uproar and backlash in the guitar community especially those of us who were around when Jimi was alive and were drawn to the guitar because of him.I was initially drawn to guitar because of John Lennon and George Harrison but when I heard Jimi for the first time my playing took off on a completely new and different tangent,his playing was so soulful and passionate it just overwhelmed me and I became completely obsessed with guitar and I still am over 40 yrs later.I'm sure there are countless numbers like me who cherish Jimi's memory and legacy with an almost religious devotion.I guess Gibson and Janie hendrix grossly underestimated this.If I may make an offer to Gibson,if you decide to get rid of the obtuse executives who OKed this venture I gladly offer my services(for their pay of course)I am honest,extremely ethical and pragmatic,qualities that were missing in those involved in this unfortunate incident.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived