Gibson Brands Forums

How Often Do You Play ?

suburude63

I recently purchased a Gibson CL-30 Deluxe. I had a Les Paul before this week (and still have) but only played it maybe every 2-3 days. When I got this acoustic it seems that I'll wake up in the middle of the night just to hear some true Gibson tone. Nothing can beat that sort of American acoustic. I'd say that previously, I played an hour every 3 days. The last week I've been hitting it about 2 hours daily. Life with an acoustic is just so much better. You can't beat a Gibson!

:D I play 2 to 3 hours a day around then house / I also play two and three times a week for about an hour gig in the Nursing Homes and Hospital along with the Adult Day Care Centers in my County. Music is My Salavation / I was placed out of work in 2005 because of health reasons. There's a lot I can't do now but God has Blessed me with a Singing Voice and a Gibson that is my baby. The Gift of Music is not a Gift until You Give It. Enjoy your Gifts My Friends and Share Them with Another, You Will Be Blessed. Blessings to Your Talent - from: North Carolina :D

Great replies from everyone. Thanks for sharing.

It's rare that a day goes by when I don't play at least an hour. I'll be sick and say I'm not going to, but then later I can't help myself. On average between 1 and 2 hours. I always have original songs I'm working on, so I mostly play those.

Every day. I will be late to appointments if there is a guitar store near where I'm headed. I take my guitar with me to the park and play while the kids run around. I really really love to play outdoors, in the sunshine with a breeze. But I never play the guitar because I feel I "have" to, it is always an urge to be fulfilled, which I do daily.

I also work on original songs most of the time but wish sometimes I were more of a guitar player vs. a singer/songwriter since I love to hear a beautiful guitar played solo but don't have the chops yet myself to be an instrumentalist.

Archived