Gibson Brands Forums

Racks

Hthomas

What do you mean rack mounted effects ? There are a lot of different ways to run things. One way is an EFX send and return

where the levels and switching is controlled by the amp and on off on the foot switch that comes with the amp.

When I read the subject, I was thinking of something else. But I digress...

There are many ways to use rack units - from full blown rack systems that have rack preamps, effects processors, power amps and other outboard gear to just having a separate rack for rack gear and running it through your amp's effects loop or other configurations.

Rack preamps, effects processors and even power amps almost always have the ability to be controlled by footswitch via MIDI.

When I read the subject' date=' I was thinking of something else. But I digress...

There are many ways to use rack units - from full blown rack systems that have rack preamps, effects processors, power amps and other outboard gear to just having a separate rack for rack gear and running it through your amp's effects loop or other configurations.

Rack preamps, effects processors and even power amps almost always have the ability to be controlled by footswitch via MIDI.

What he said. Thread closed :-s

Archived