Gibson Brands Forums

Green Chile's

The Mick

My buddy mailed me a bunch of Hatch green chile's he roasted and canned. It's gonna be a spicy week. I can't get south western food out here in North Carolina. Being from Denver it's just always around. Thank god for friends.

Just remember, they can be hotter coming out than going in. :-s

Chilies are in harvest on the Central Coast.

We've been making fresh salsa, guacamole, and stuffed poblano peppers for the last two weeks.

I love this time of year. I have jalepenos three inches long on my countrer right now.

Last week I stuffed seven large poblanos with churizo, egg and cheese and roasted them in the over.

My wife loves them no matter what I stuff them with.

This week I'm stuffing them with chicken breasts, onions, garlic and cheese.

over the winter I tried to make a batch of chili with some frozen chile's from the store but it just didn't fully cut it. I'm used to the real deal. I like just a big bowl of green with a little sour cream and some warm tortilla's Soooooooooooooooooo good

Then I make some home made mango lemonaid to go with it.

I've yet to even see any of that out here.

Mick you haven't looked very hard' date=' it's in every grocery store in the Carolinas!

Yeah' date=' but you can't get Cheerwine out here in Ory-Gun so it's a wash. '](*,)

Tell me that's not true! How do you guys get by out there!

Cruz send me your address in a PM.

not that i've looked for it. but maybe i should. I know it's made in some small town up north of me.

You gotta get you some Cheerwine. Head to Salisbury, I know they have it there. Or Coolemee, over in Davie county. There's also a place it can be ordered, I have it shipped here a couple time a year so I can have a real Carolina BBQ.

Mick you haven't looked very hard' date=' it's in every grocery store in the Carolinas!

Tell me that's not true! How do you guys get by out there!

Cruz send me your address in a PM.[/quote']

What a thoughtful guy you are. I have the stuff shipped out here a couple times a year now. It's expensive but WELL worth it. I'm not even a soda guy but nothing in this world tasted quite like Cheerwine. 'Specially on a hot summer day with some BBQ and slaw.

What a thoughtful guy you are. I have the stuff shipped out here a couple times a year now. It's expensive but WELL worth it. I'm not even a soda guy but nothing in this world tasted quite like Cheerwine. 'Specially on a hot summer day with some BBQ and slaw.

Now you're talking!:D

I couldn't hardly stand to think about you not having Cheerwine, it's been my favorite since childhood. Glad to hear you can get it shipped out there.#-o

Now you're talking!=P~

I couldn't hardly stand to think about you not having Cheerwine' date=' it's been my favorite since childhood. Glad to hear you can get it shipped out there.:) [/quote']

My thanks again for your neighborliness, Bow.

I got out of the service in '70 and, instead of returning directly home to SF, stopped in Carolina to see a buddy who'd gotten out a couple months prior to my release. I ended up staying there and starting a family before leaving. Both my Sons were born in Rowan hospital in Salisbury; one in '69 (my step-son) and the other in '71. In spite of having been gone from there for most of their lives, we maintain a very strong Tarheel identity...and I mean WE! A big part of that is the irregular Tarheel Pickin' and Pic-a-nic days" we've had through the years. It's amazing how often we meet another Southern neighbor, even out here. And always a good excuse to order some Cheerwine and have a shindig. :D/

You can tell the Southerners right away by their manners...and the fact that they say "hey" for "hello". =D>

So earlier today around 11:00 a.m. pacific, my buddy across the streat is firing up his BBQ pit.

He's going to cook some tri-tip for his room mate and girlfriend (bros befor hos in that reference).

Later on he tells me to come over and that he has something he wants me to try.

I get over there and it's stuffed jalepeno peppers wrapped in bacon.

I'm not kidding. Fantasic flavor.

Guess what was just put on the family dinner menu tonight.:-k :-

Archived