Gibson Brands Forums

Live pics! Show me what you got!

mooboo

This is from an hour ago. We played at a local church bar-b-que. We showed up, they had NO sound system at all! Tough night to say the least! They still enjoyed the music, the instruments drowned out the vocals though. Yea, that's me with the SongBird Deluxe.

DSC00007.jpg

This is from an hour ago. We played at a local church bar-b-que. We showed up' date=' they had NO sound system at all! Tough night to say the least! They still enjoyed the music, the instruments drowned out the vocals though. Yea, that's me with the SongBird Deluxe.

[img']http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss251/larryp58/DSC00007.jpg[/img]

Sweet gig!! Our acoustics are very similar!

What are the specs on it? It has the same inlays as my CL-30! Love it!

I believe that the SongBird series derived from the CL series of guitars. It now has developed into the SongWriter series which is now available from Gibson. My SongBird Deluxe has rosewood back and sides, AAA sitka spruce top, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard with mother-of-pearl floret inlay. Grover tuners, Fishman UST pickup. Abalone rosette inlay around the soundhole. It seems to me that it's REALLY opened up tonewise in the last few years. I have drowned out top-of-the-line Martins and Takamines with it. It's tone (rosewood) really shines in the bluegrass genre of music. In the bluegrass band I play with, it's usually my "go-to" guitar. Hope you enjoy that CL you have as much as I love my SBD! (SongBird Deluxe, not Silent But Deadly!)

Archived