Gibson Brands Forums

Zakk Wylde RD Artist Reissue

solacematt

I'm sure most of us have already seen on the Gibson page or gotten the newsletter that talks about the two new ZW BFG's by now. However Friday night Wylde announced on Twitter that he's working with Gibson to have an RD Artist Reissue as well. I'm on the ledge about the idea. If it doesn't have a Bullseye or the Buzzsaw I'm ok with it, but if it does, ugh, no thanks. There's just something about playing a signature guitar that has that on it that's a bit unappealing.

All joking aside those two brought the LP back to the forefront for the masses again. Slash in all his glory with GNR did for the LP in the 90's and Zakk also did the same. I don't buy signature mdls just because you can get a Standard or even a Custom and still have what their signature mdls have. Although its is my belief that one of the Slash mdls has fishman pups on the bridge for a acoustic option. That is a sweet option I will admit.

Yea that Slash signature model with the Fishman bridge is amazing. My friend and fellow boardmember Damien has one. With the RD though, Zakk is taking a guitar that they only reissued as a guitar of the month in late '07 and only made 400 of. Considering I love my RD reissue this intrigues me. I just hope he doesn't bastardize it by putting that bullseye or the buzzsaw on it...or make it over 1,500 just because it's a signature model. Bit ridiculous for a hideous guitar.

Archived