Gibson Brands Forums

First live M-R GIB'S show tonight in Sofia

MisterGibs

Hello,Zdravei mistergib,

My name is Paul and i live in Belgium.I saw that my URL youtube site is linkt to you and i ame surprised.

You wrote that in January you will have your new steelstring guitar build by Galin Penev(kazanlak).Thats great news becouse Galin will start at the end of this month building mij new classical guitar made from bulgarian spruce top,indian rosewood and ebony fingerboard with firstclass tonewoods.That's realy exiting!!!In August i will pic up my guitar in kazanlak.I would like to hear your new flattop guitar.BTW my wife is bulgarian.The world is small ha ha ha .Keep on making nice music.I hope this year to start recording my first CD(Gospel religious music).I wish you all succes!!!!

Paul

Hello' date='Zdravei mistergib,

My name is Paul and i live in Belgium.I saw that my URL youtube site is linkt to you and i ame surprised.

You wrote that in January you will have your new steelstring guitar build by Galin Penev(kazanlak).Thats great news becouse Galin will start at the end of this month building mij new classical guitar made from bulgarian spruce top,indian rosewood and ebony fingerboard with firstclass tonewoods.That's realy exiting!!!In August i will pic up my guitar in kazanlak.I would like to hear your new flattop guitar.BTW my wife is bulgarian.The world is small ha ha ha .Keep on making nice music.I hope this year to start recording my first CD(Gospel religious music).I wish you all succes!!!!

Paul[/quote']

Yes, my friend - the world is not small, but similar people meet each other - that's the Destiny...

By the way - here is a link to all that concert I made on 10.01.2010:

http://www.blip.tv/file/3070872

The new guitar will be a steel string - italian cedar top, indian rosewood back & sides and mahagoni neck.

You will hear the sound I assure you!

Wow! I don't even speak the language and I loved it! Very nice work! And now that I've heard one played fingerstyle, I want a J-200 to add to the Country Western and Dove even more!

Nice picking and great voice!

Cheers!

Rick...[biggrin]

Krasi, I just listened to the first two songs on the blip TV link. I have to run off, so didn't have time to listen to the rest, but absolutely will later. I just wanted to say, it was a pleasure to listen to and watch, thanks for the great music. Mr. Gibbs sounds terrific, and you have a very good voice and sing beautifully. I'm tickled to see you off In Bulgaria making such nice music with this lovely guitar. Best to you,

Dennis

By the way, Mr. Gibbs sounds good fingerpicked to me. Not to mention, your technique is very good too. Wish I had such a nice touch.

Dennis

By the way' date=' Mr. Gibbs sounds good fingerpicked to me. Not to mention, your technique is very good too. Wish I had such a nice touch. [/quote']

All of you may think that that SJ 200 called M-R GIBS sounds great fingerpicking, but...

I know what my fingers and my body want as a feeling from a guitar during the fingerpicking (I dont speak here about the sound that is produced). I think that the effort to extract the sound is a little bit bigger than to a drednout... (and there is a big logic in that)

All I try to say is that I need a new guitar ;-) For fingerpicking ;-)

K, Super, very much better than I will ever be. But, I experienced a similar 'epiphany' when I got my SJ200. I found my playing improved substantially in breadth and depth. I had gotten lazy and complacent with my previous guitar. But, I have found I enjoy finger picking more than strumming on mine. Go figure. Or finger ! Congrats and G'luck. jim

Archived