Gibson Brands Forums

gold top with a 60's neck

longey1

Yeah dude, unless you're looking for a reissue, all Les Paul Standards come with the option of 50's or 60's necks. I play a Standard 60's Goldtop.

Though I have heard that the 50's necks are actually closer to a historical 60's neck, and the new 60's necks are even slimmer, though I have not the experience to confirm this.

They do' date=' but I believe that all Goldtops have them already pre-mounted whereas the rest of the colors don't.........']

Ian......do you mean all the standards come with a pick guard that is not bolted on ?

They do' date=' but I believe that all Goldtops have them already pre-mounted whereas the rest of the colors don't.........']

Ian......do you mean all the standards come with a pick guard that is not bolted on ?

My Standards guard was in the case , thank god , I wouldn't want to hide the top on that one at all .

Not sure how the reissue serial #s work but here it is ' date=' maybe one of the others can tell you.

043910 .

I think I bought it in 03 [/quote']

I'm new at fortune telling, so forgive me if I make a mistake.

It's the 3,910th guitar to come out of the CS in 2004. 1960 RI.

I believe that the pickguards are installed at Gibson on all the solid colored tops' date=' all others are left to the purchasers preferance to see the figuired wood.[/quote']

Yeah, that sounds right. Which is kind of a bummer, because that ugly screw hole bums me out.

I bought a 60s neck goldtop standard last summer!

BTW I thought my other LPs were great sounding, I tried many before buying and chose the best ones, but this gold top is even better than my previous favorite LP...and it is chambered - so there!

If you get one you will surely be pleased.

Yeah' date=' that sounds right. Which is kind of a bummer, because that ugly screw hole bums me out. [/quote']

You might try leaving the screw in the hole with the spacer, if you haven't already. I have even seen some with gold tone/brass screws to make it les obvious.

Archived