Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall Class 5

guitargreg1993

Isn't there a head version also? I have not tried it. The demos sound amazing though.

really? cuz that would be perfect if i were to get one... idk but theres something i like about getting a head and cab vs. a combo.... i guess it looks cooler.... plus a head is more versatile... you can plug into any speaker cab. with a combo you still have the internal speakers....

Music store by where I work had one in tonight when I was there.

Store clerk bought it but they let me have a play.

Firstly with LP Standard and then Nocaster.

The little bugger gets quite loud for its 5 watts and it gets some very nice tones.

It's one of those amps where it's very cool to have the volume all the way up and work the guitar controls to get to the sound in your head.

Very responsive. Nice chimey cleans when backed off the LP's volume and rolling off the tone a tad.

The 10 doesn't sound boxy at all and it really holds true to the old Danny Gatton adage....turn it up and you don't need reverb!!

Very nice little amp.

The Nocaster was just classic fender being grunted out by a baby blues breaker. I liked it. I'm thinking I'll be back next week to place my order.

Mind you.....having played the nocaster I'm now thinking of shedding all my gats just to pick up that!! Oh NO!!

My 2 cents.

Open to any questions. Cheers, Bill

Archived