Gibson Brands Forums

Kinda dumb-ish question

Andre S

Marshall Haze combo or Fender Super Champ XD?

I like fender amps a lot, but the only reason I can't get a Fender Amp of the same price range is because I found a distributor for Marshall and Vox amps, who brings amps down with less shipping charges.

I want to get nice bluesy tone, like gregsguitars of youtube, does, but he uses Fenders.

Marshall Haze combo or Fender Super Champ XD?

I like fender amps a lot' date=' but the only reason I can't get a Fender Amp of the same price range is because I found a distributor for Marshall and Vox amps, who brings amps down with less shipping charges.

I want to get nice bluesy tone, like gregsguitars of youtube, does, but he uses Fenders.[/quote']

The super champ is 15 watts, with digital modeling

MArshall Haze combo is 40 watts

It is all what sounds good to you, and what you are looking for

Personally, I would look at Vox, since he has them, I really like the Night Train, but I am gonna save up for an Orange Rockerverb 30

The super champ is 15 watts' date=' with digital modeling

MArshall Haze combo is 40 watts

It is all what sounds good to you, and what you are looking for

Personally, I would look at Vox, since he has them, I really like the Night Train, but I am gonna save up for an Orange Rockerverb 30[/quote']

Hmm, I know, I think that the Marshall has some nice clean tones, but the Fender has even better tones IMO, but I feel kinda silly for picking a Fender with digital modelling over a tube Marshall.

Hmm' date=' I know, I think that the Marshall has some nice clean tones, but the Fender has even better tones IMO, but I feel kinda silly for picking a Fender with digital modelling over a tube Marshall.[/quote']

It is all personal preference

I know I said this, but have you checked out the Vox's?

It is all personal preference

I know I said this' date=' but have you checked out the Vox's?

[/quote']

Yea, I don't really like Vox too much, I mean out of three, Fender would be at the top for amazing cleans and decent dirty sounds., Marshall close behind for decent cleans and amazing dirty, and well Vox would be third....

I just love a kind of twangyness that Fenders have....

Yea' date=' I don't really like Vox too much, I mean out of three, Fender would be at the top for amazing cleans and decent dirty sounds., Marshall close behind for decent cleans and amazing dirty, and well Vox would be third....

I just love a kind of twangyness that Fenders have.... [/quote']

then you answered your own question :D

get the fender

then you answered your own question :D

get the fender

I think I answered my own question a long time ago, but there would be no doubt in my mind if I were comparing a Marshall Haze and a Fender Princeton....Oooh a princeton....if only it weren't so heavy.

i would get the haze combo. its cleans arent as good as a fender/vox' date=' but those el34s are much more to my liking than anything fender or vox is going to use. the haze get dirt, crunch or high gain. whats not to love?[/quote']

Yea, but in relation to my other question, about the amp switcher ( another thread) I may look into something like that depending. Not now though.

But I think I can get sufficient od and distortion, like GNR od max. So pedals and built in overdrive should be sufficient.

have you looked into on-line ordering from Sweet Water music?

I usually use Music123.com, whats better with Sweetwater? I do check them for lower prices, and fullersguitar.

Heyy!!! Forgot to mention, fullersguitar.com, had the angus young SG for 2200, bout 400 less than other online retailers, for those interested!

Oh yea, I'm not sure if there are still that low, it was last week when I saw.

I usually use Music123.com' date=' whats better with Sweetwater? I do check them for lower prices, and fullersguitar.

Heyy!!! Forgot to mention, fullersguitar.com, had the angus young SG for 2200, bout 400 less than other online retailers, for those interested!

Oh yea, I'm not sure if there are still that low, it was last week when I saw.[/quote']

Well I wasn't trying to advertise Sweetwater, but they do have GREAT service. I've never ordered from 123music so I cannot say. I normally wouldn't tell someone to buy a guitar on-line without playing it, but I took a chance with Sweetwater and I got a winner of a guitar; I trust them.

Well I wasn't trying to advertise Sweetwater' date=' but they do have GREAT service. I've never ordered from 123music so I cannot say. I normally wouldn't tell someone to buy a guitar on-line without playing it, but I took a chance with Sweetwater and I got a winner of a guitar; I trust them.[/quote']

I did that twice and got 2 great guitars, Gibson LP and Martin acoustic.

Archived